• Replies 3,952
  • Likes 278

madbomb122

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am particularly concerned about JAYRO's silence.
JAYRO had planned a new version of MEDICAT in August and nothing has happened.
I think that JAYRO, who is the unique and brilliant creator of MEDICAT, must be fed up with those who interfere in his activity and want to change the fruit of his work.
Certainly, these helpers are well-intentioned, but they should not be invasive or pushy.
Make proposals without insisting heavily and let JAYRO manage its creation.
Jayro posted a month ago on sept 13th (on this page near the top of it) that they are currently working full time and hasn't been able to work on the new version

MGO

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hope the Mini Windows10 clock and language modules are not streamlined and language supports Chinese.Otherwise, a lot of text is garbled

Last edited by MGO,

GhostR1der

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you install a video driver in Win 10 Mini or change the resolution to native resolution of the screen? When I boot to Win 10 Mini, resolution is set to 800x600 and no other option is available. I've tried selecting different resolutions from PECMD2012 as well as Res Auto, but had no success. Installation of the video driver fails as the RAM "Boot (X)" drive doesn't have sufficient free space.

Last edited by GhostR1der,

madbomb122

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jayro, i found out something you can do that makes it so you wont have to edit the ventoy menu every time you update an image/iso/etc when the version number is changed.

instead of having to do something like
{
"image": "/Antivirus/[UEFI]_Malwarebytes_Antimalware_v21.06.wim",
"alias": "[UEFI] Malwarebytes Bootable"
}

you can do
{
"image": "/Antivirus/[UEFI]_Malwarebytes_Antimalware_v**.**.wim",
}

note: the * has to be put for every digit that needs to be filled in

Reactions: Jayro

neofita

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
How do you install a video driver in Win 10 Mini or change the resolution to native resolution of the screen? When I boot to Win 10 Mini, resolution is set to 800x600 and no other option is available. I've tried selecting different resolutions from PECMD2012 as well as Res Auto, but had no success. Installation of the video driver fails as the RAM "Boot (X)" drive doesn't have sufficient free space.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/medicat-usb-a-multiboot-linux-usb-for-pc-repair.361577/post-9362670

Chansm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Has virus on this version. Be careful.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    41 KB · Views: 92
  • Haha
Reactions: neofita

Nothing2Dofr

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Has virus on this version. Be careful.
it's not a virus, the file in question has to write inside the MBR of a disk and it's not a very usual action. So, forget about it ... your antivirus must be deactivated and jayro warn about it at the beginning of the thread. your not a white knight with your lazy warning !

Chansm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
it's not a virus, the file in question has to write inside the MBR of a disk and it's not a very usual action. So, forget about it ... your antivirus must be deactivated and jayro warn about it at the beginning of the thread. your not a white knight with your lazy warning !
I am refering to Ventoy v1.0.57 released

Nothing2Dofr

Trophies
XP
Country
France
and ? your warning is still irrelevant. even if you're referring to ventoy v1.0.57 (and it's not the good thread to complain about ventoy)

TingFeng77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Tbh your Norton never said it was a virus, the notice mentions reputation, and also tells you that they never seen the file/ only a few times, the file is very new and they don't have much info. Your security settings were configured to be more on the supicious side and be wary of anything it doesn't know of

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
jayro, i found out something you can do that makes it so you wont have to edit the ventoy menu every time you update an image/iso/etc when the version number is changed.

instead of having to do something like
{
"image": "/Antivirus/[UEFI]_Malwarebytes_Antimalware_v21.06.wim",
}

you can do
{
"image": "/Antivirus/[UEFI]_Malwarebytes_Antimalware_v**.**.wim",
}

note: the * has to be put for every digit that needs to be filled in
That's super helpful, thank you.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I am particularly concerned about JAYRO's silence.
JAYRO had planned a new version of MEDICAT in August and nothing has happened.
I think that JAYRO, who is the unique and brilliant creator of MEDICAT, must be fed up with those who interfere in his activity and want to change the fruit of his work.
Certainly, these helpers are well-intentioned, but they should not be invasive or pushy.
Make proposals without insisting heavily and let JAYRO manage its creation.
I hardly post in this thread much anymore. Join the Discord server on page 1 if you want to stay updated. I'm working a lot, and have a convention coming up next weekend. After that is over, I'll have more free time to work on the new build. Part of the MadiCat USB stagnation has been the slow trickle of updated ISOs coming out lately too, but now I have enough to warrant an updated version. Just finding spare time gets a bit difficult at the loss of sleep.

Last edited by Jayro,

Geeky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Jayro,

I would like to create an all-in-one bootable USB repair toolkit using medicat and a usb 2.0 drive but there is something I don't quite understand. Should I use the GPT partition style or the MBR partition style for my usb drive. I first tried to use MBR partition style in Ventoy because my motherboard is only compatible with MBR but I encountered many problems using Windows 10 PE (problems with dll files like the MFC42u.dll file when I run Lazesoft passord recovery or the Windows 10 installation setup. The specified file was present in Windows files though). I tried booting from my USB drive using another computer with a UEFI compatible motherboard and it worked while my USB drive uses the MBR partition style (I encountered the same issues on Windows 10 PE though). So, do you think I should format my usb drive and use the GPT partition style this time to get rid of these system problems? Will this work on a motherboard that only supports legacy BIOS, as the previous MBR based usb drive works with a UEFI compatible motherboard?

Thank you so much for your amazing project. Keep up the good work.
Best regards.

momosala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I hardly post in this thread much anymore. Join the Discord server on page 1 if you want to stay updated. I'm working a lot, and have a convention coming up next weekend. After that is over, I'll have more free time to work on the new build. Part of the MadiCat USB stagnation has been the slow trickle of updated ISOs coming out lately too, but now I have enough to warrant an updated version. Just finding spare time gets a bit difficult at the loss of sleep.
OK, I undestand. I will be patient. I love your work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans