• Replies 3,951
  • Likes 278

Spiren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For the Windows 10 mini OS. Is it possible to get the logs or debug when it stops booting up? I do want to use the Windows 10 mini OS of Medicat on my main PC and i want to help resolve it.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

Can someone start seeding the torrent please? I'm missing 4MB to finish!

Thank You.
I haven't stopped seeding, and there's many people on it right now uploading and downloading. I don't see why the last chunk wouldn't finish for you. Maybe have your torrent client do a re-check on the file.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I've made a 64GB version, it's uploading now. Compressed, it's about 30GB, and I've split the files into 4GB chunks again for those who don't use torrents. The new torrent will also be split, for better hash checking.

I've titled this one v20.05.1, appended as a "bug fix" version. It's been expanded to 64GB, leaving over 30GB for the user to add their desired ISO images. It also boots up instantly now, no long 7 second delay of a black screen. I've added a few more ISOs as well. Uploading is gonna take a while, so maybe 6 or 7 hours from now the files on Mega and GDrive will go live. I can make the torrent ready immediately though.

Reactions: aelfwine88

Lexor

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What Google Drive link I should use now to download smaller, 32GB version?
I managed to download only 3 parts of it and I'm still missing the other 2.
I do not have 64GB pendrive and I do not have access to torrents so I need this on Google Drive, just like it was before.

TheMCNerd2017

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for releasing the new update for this utility. I have a question though, do I need to purchase a new 64GB or larger flash drive to use it, or is it possible to get it to fit on a 32GB drive by removing files from the bin image?

aelfwine88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I've made a 64GB version, it's uploading now. Compressed, it's about 30GB, and I've split the files into 4GB chunks again for those who don't use torrents. The new torrent will also be split, for better hash checking.

I've titled this one v20.05.1, appended as a "bug fix" version. It's been expanded to 64GB, leaving over 30GB for the user to add their desired ISO images. It also boots up instantly now, no long 7 second delay of a black screen. I've added a few more ISOs as well. Uploading is gonna take a while, so maybe 6 or 7 hours from now the files on Mega and GDrive will go live. I can make the torrent ready immediately though.

Thanks! I downloaded from mega and help seed the torrent with it till you have a few more seeders.

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! I downloaded from mega and help seed the torrent with it till you have a few more seeders.
Thank you, it's very appreciated!
My upload speed is only 40Mb/s up, double from what it was, but still kind of slow. So thank you.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for releasing the new update for this utility. I have a question though, do I need to purchase a new 64GB or larger flash drive to use it, or is it possible to get it to fit on a 32GB drive by removing files from the bin image?
You can definitely extract the files and overwrite them. You just need to give the EFI partition a drive letter.

Reactions: TheMCNerd2017

Henx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Google drive never works for me. Even downloading just one part it says: "Download quote exceeded for this file, so you can't download at this time". If possible please use another provider. There are plenty out there.

aelfwine88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Google drive never works for me. Even downloading just one part it says: "Download quote exceeded for this file, so you can't download at this time". If possible please use another provider. There are plenty out there.
1. Right click -> Make a copy
2. Go to "My Drive"
3. Right click -> Download
4. Right click -> Remove
5. Profit
;)

Reactions: BuxB

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

Many thanks for this new version.
Where is the changelog ?
Shit, I knew I forgot something. :creep:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello, after downloading all the files I can't find the famous "BIN file" to include in "IMAGE USB"
You have to open the 001 file using 7zip, and extract it somewhere. The rest of the files will extract by themselves, so only do 001.

Reactions: UtOpiK

madbomb122

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Jayro

ScottishSquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
Could you tell me how I can use this with a 16GB stick?

Also have seeded over 1TB today :)

Attachments

• Capture5.PNG
    Capture5.PNG
    4.7 KB · Views: 138

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
Could you tell me how I can use this with a 16GB stick?

Also have seeded over 1TB today :)
-Install Ventoy to the drive.
-Open Medicat's .bin file with 7-zip.
-Extract the ISOs you want.
-Extract all of the EFI files from the EFI partition.
-Put the ISO files you chose onto the FAT partition of your stick.
-Open MiniTool Partition Wizard (or Windows Disk Manager) and give the EFI partition of your stick a drive letter.
-Then overwrite all the stick's EFI files with the MediCat ones.
-Removing the drive letter of the EFI partition afterwards is completely optional, and doesn't affect the functionality of the drive in any way.

And thank you for your seeding! :)

Last edited by Jayro,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...