• Views 8,338,612
  • Replies 3,952
  • Likes 278

Xdem

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, thank you for your amazing work that's awesome !

I just have a little issue (I don't know if someone had this already but I didn't want to read 62 pages of comments ... :X) : I downloaded the iso and mounted my key without any problem but when I boot on it, it boot directly on the mini W10. I did it 3 times to be sure but nothing changes. Do you know have to solve this problem ?

Thanks !

FormulaPhoenix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, thank you for your amazing work that's awesome !

I just have a little issue (I don't know if someone had this already but I didn't want to read 62 pages of comments ... :X) : I downloaded the iso and mounted my key without any problem but when I boot on it, it boot directly on the mini W10. I did it 3 times to be sure but nothing changes. Do you know have to solve this problem ?

Thanks !

Sounds like your computer is set to boot in UEFI mode. To get the full MediCat menu you have to go into your computer's settings and change it to boot in Legacy mode.

isrmicha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Awesome work there bro,
can you help ? im getting blue screen of death when trying to boot mini windows 10.
Lubuntu works fine

iPooPaLot

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have a little small problem on a computer, medikat directly boot on windows 10 PE, not in the console menu.
I´m having almost the same problem. if i select uefi booting, medicat boots directly into win10pe. if i choose legacy, the syslinux loader stops with "no child node present"

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
rufus looks way different now:
upload_2018-7-23_5-1-11.png

just a note

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
rufus looks way different now:
View attachment 136809
just a note
I'm aware, and I'll remake my Rufus tutorial closer to the October release. Development picks back up in late August. (I always give myself 4 months off, so I can pack it with software that's not outdated upon release)

Reactions: MarioMasta64

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States

Mat69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From the Home page of https://www.hirensbootcd.org/

Hiren’s BootCD PE (Preinstallation Environment) is a restored edition of Hiren’s BootCD based on Windows 10 PE x64. Since there are no official updates after November 2012, PE version is being developed by Hiren’s BootCD fans. It includes the least, best and updated free tools used in Hiren’s BootCD. It is being developed for the new age computers, it supports UEFI booting and requires minimum 2 GB RAM.

With the useful tools inside of the ISO, you can solve many problems related with your computer. It does not contain any pirated software, it includes only free and legal software.

After boot, PE version tries to install drivers like graphics, sound, wireless and ethernet card for your hardware. So that you can connect to a WIFI or Ethernet network. Please Contact Us with your hardware model if your WIFI or Ethernet card is not recognized by the PE version. We will add the required drivers in the new releases.

The official releases still exists on our Old Versions page. Please check About page for more info.

gn2

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm making my USB and Windows Defender is going off over and over, are there a lot of things considered "hack tools" included ?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm making my USB and Windows Defender is going off over and over, are there a lot of things considered "hack tools" included ?
Yeah, there's a bunch of "password recovery" tools included, so any flag you get is a false positive.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
What is the best application to recover data from an unrecognized dying HDD that makes sounds
Just moving files off manually that are the most important to you in that specific case. if it's the whole drive of files you want to save, then anything that makes an image will likely result in image corruption, and data might be unrecoverable from a corrupted disk image. So I recommend Windows Explorer or Explorer++.

ralph48

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello, new user here :D. I wanted to try the mini windows naked iso (the one which is less than 4GB) so I downloaded it. I tried to add it to my yumi usb but it didn't work. Yumi supports medicat but i select it in the program and add it to my FAT32 USB (no problem the iso is less than 4GB). At booting time it shows the error "No DEFAULT or UI configuration directive found" (i have not isolinux folders so that didn't cause the problem.

Looking at this thread again, i just realized that mini windows is part of medicat so maybe mini windows is not supported and i have to use medicat (and for that reason yumi shows (needs NTFS in parenthesis), because medicat versions are all 4GB+. Am I right?. Is there any trick to make it work (the naked version) now I already install it in the yumi thumb drive? :S.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello, new user here :D. I wanted to try the mini windows naked iso (the one which is less than 4GB) so I downloaded it. I tried to add it to my yumi usb but it didn't work. Yumi supports medicat but i select it in the program and add it to my FAT32 USB (no problem the iso is less than 4GB). At booting time it shows the error "No DEFAULT or UI configuration directive found" (i have not isolinux folders so that didn't cause the problem.

Looking at this thread again, i just realized that mini windows is part of medicat so maybe mini windows is not supported and i have to use medicat (and for that reason yumi shows (needs NTFS in parenthesis), because medicat versions are all 4GB+. Am I right?. Is there any trick to make it work (the naked version) now I already install it in the yumi thumb drive? :S.
I think your best bet would be to add the Mini Windows 10 [NAKED] ISO to your YUMI USB as just a standard WinPE instead of using the MediCat setting. That should work.

Reactions: ralph48

ralph48

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I think your best bet would be to add the Mini Windows 10 [NAKED] ISO to your YUMI USB as just a standard WinPE instead of using the MediCat setting. That should work.

OMFG, you just destroyed my damn head. I feel like a level 1 forum idiot. I was so focused in medicat that I didn't thought in that option. Of course that should work. I am gonna try it and I'll come back to tell you how it was. I think I need to sleep more hours.

Thank you!! :D

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
OMFG, you just destroyed my damn head. I feel like a level 1 forum idiot. I was so focused in medicat that I didn't thought in that option. Of course that should work. I am gonna try it and I'll come back to tell you how it was. I think I need to sleep more hours.

Thank you!! :D
No worries, I need sleep too. Hope it works out for you. :)

Reactions: ralph48

tdi200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone tried to install windows 10 or 7 using recovery as i tried with several laptops and different usb 3.0 and 2.0 16gb and 32 gb none of them go beyond the install option i get this error: "
A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing" i tried to switch differnt usb ports but no luck laptop i am trying to fix is 320-15IAP Laptop (ideapad) please help me and correct me what i am doing wrong

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ NIntendo pretty much has to release a new console by next year in order to keep making moneys imo
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ninty can still make money filing false DMCAs.
    +1
    they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid prime 4 to the next console because by now it has been quite a while and there's no release date scheduled yet
    lol there's a guy selling mig switch in usa on ebay for $200/ea he's definitely going to get nailed with dmca by tomorrow
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Wasn't Metroid Prime 4 teased all the way back in 2017? For the switch no less?
    :rofl2:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Pretty sure anyone buying the switch just for that got duped
    for $200? rofl.
    well as far as metroid prime 4 is concerned, the next system probably is similar enough to the current gen they can probably easily just slap it onto a next gen cart and call it good :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The switch was about 350 in 2017
  • Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0:
    mabe where you live
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima took the stage at the outset to reveal that Switch will launch globally on March 3, 2017 for $299.99—earlier than some had expected at the price many suspected. https://time.com/4632820/nintendo-switch-nx/
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The NES launched at like 250 and the rob and light gun kit was like 350 or something
    I was near the test market for the NES and man did it make my 2600 look like ass lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    There has to be some mutual agreement with them all anything over $600 is just pc territory
    next system rumored to launch at $400
    but I don't really believe any rumors yet
    need to have official info from N
    The 3DO and Neo Geo where like 700 bucks hmm the PS3 was stupid expensive at launch lol
    But at least the PS3 was only 500 for the cheapest one at launch
    My opinion is that 199.99 is the sweet spot but that spot is long gone lol
    Just played some Micheal Jackson Moonwalker.... Those poor parents trying desperately to protect their children
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    400 is a decent sweet spot if we get enough out of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not like how it was when we were locked down to a few options and that's it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's not like how it was when we were locked down to a few options and that's it