drivesnap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,
I've had this error:
! H:\....\MediCat Main Partition.zip.001: Checksum error in K:\......\MediCat Main Partition.zip\Boot_an_Operating_System\[UEFI]_O&O_BlueCon_v17.3.7213.wim. The file is corrupt
! H:\....\Main Partition.zip.001: The archive is corrupt

Two different downloads, same error (mega.nz and google drive)
Final result: in the folder 'Boot_an_Operating_System' I have only 2 files:
[UEFI]_Active@_Data_Studio_v17.0.0
[UEFI]_Mini_Windows_10
Just for info! and thanks again for your great tool and HAPPY NEW YEAR !!

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
MediCat USB version 21.01 is coming along nicely so far. I redid all the icons on the bottom dock, and made a new wallpaper. I'll be fixing those pesky .NET regressions too, hopefully today.

UEFI.png

Chansm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
At extracting MediCat USB v20.12 to my USB stick with 7-Zip I've got this error message:
CRC error: Boot_Repair\[UEFI]_rescatux-0.73.iso

This seems to be a mistake with the checksum/hash.
Does anyone else have this error, what should I do to avoid this?

Probably one of the zip file is corrupted. I downloaded and unzip successfully to disk. However I have not using 20.12 yet, still staying with 20.11 as I have my own utilities added to the USB drive. Not good in programming, so find hard to follow Jayro script to modify and add nice icon to each iso.

badmelvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
I've had this error:
! H:\....\MediCat Main Partition.zip.001: Checksum error in K:\......\MediCat Main Partition.zip\Boot_an_Operating_System\[UEFI]_O&O_BlueCon_v17.3.7213.wim. The file is corrupt
! H:\....\Main Partition.zip.001: The archive is corrupt

Two different downloads, same error (mega.nz and google drive)
Final result: in the folder 'Boot_an_Operating_System' I have only 2 files:
[UEFI]_Active@_Data_Studio_v17.0.0
[UEFI]_Mini_Windows_10
Just for info! and thanks again for your great tool and HAPPY NEW YEAR !!

I also had the same problem on the Mega with corrupt MediCat Main Partition.zip.001 but with the torrent it was OK

Last edited by badmelvin,
Reactions: drivesnap

ThePook

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Searched the thread and tried some Google-Fu but came up empty, except for a thread by Jayro 5 years ago with the same issue (can't post links as a newbie, apparently).

I get a "there isn't enough memory available to create a ramdisk device" error. Everything except the Windows 10 environment is fine, though.

I have enough RAM (32GB) and I've remade the disk and redownloaded the files twice without any change. Same problem on an Intel NUC (16 GB RAM) too. I've also tried it on both a USB drive (64GB) and an external SATA SSD (128GB), made no difference.

any ideas?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Searched the thread and tried some Google-Fu but came up empty, except for a thread by Jayro 5 years ago with the same issue (can't post links as a newbie, apparently).

I get a "there isn't enough memory available to create a ramdisk device" error. Everything except the Windows 10 environment is fine, though.

I have enough RAM (32GB) and I've remade the disk and redownloaded the files twice without any change. Same problem on an Intel NUC (16 GB RAM) too. I've also tried it on both a USB drive (64GB) and an external SATA SSD (128GB), made no difference.

any ideas?
Try remaking the drive with GPT instead of MBR. That usually fixes things for most people.

ThePook

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try remaking the drive with GPT instead of MBR. That usually fixes things for most people.

that was it, thanks :D

I guess I need MediCat on it's own device, then? Now I can boot into W10 PE but if I pick a vanilla W10 ISO in Ventoy it just hangs at the Windows logo.

that's a lie, it just hangs for a bit and then continues on fine :D

thanks again!

Last edited by ThePook,
Reactions: Jayro

John69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YES, but don't forget to disable all antivirus software. VERY IMPORTANT.
Be careful, when disabling an antivirus other than DEFENDER, DEFENDER will run in the background. It must be stopped.

After I disable my AV (NOD32) & go to Window Defender, it simply tells me that my AV is "snoozing" & there are no other options to disable.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There are 2 new versions of Memtest86 that maybe should be updated on Medicat?

You've still got v8.3 but there has been v8.4 since May 2020 & there is now a brand new v9.0 beta which improves Memtest86 quite a bit & maybe should also be added to give a choice? :toot:
They seem to both be in .img formats....will Medicat automatically extract/run these if I manually add them? :unsure:

Thanks!

momosala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
After I disable my AV (NOD32) & go to Window Defender, it simply tells me that my AV is "snoozing" & there are no other options to disable.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
If I remember right, when another AV is installed, Windows Defender deactivates itself and steps aside. So disabling your main AV's real-time scanning is usually good enough to make the drive.

Chansm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
If I remember right, when another AV is installed, Windows Defender deactivates itself and steps aside. So disabling your main AV's real-time scanning is usually good enough to make the drive.

Yes can confirm that for Symantec case.
Normally, I just set a exception for the Medicat folder and the drive letter of USB drive so that Symantec would not check this 2 folders.

Reactions: Jayro

Gremlin220366

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looking forward to the next update 21.01 but just wanted to ask if anybody else has system error missing dll on portable app Auslogics Driver updater and password changer ?

Thanks

neoopus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Please make it possible to download just what've changed instead of having to download everything again and again... and make it possible with the help of some enthusiasts to select what we want to have via a GUI...

Other than that thank you so much for the great work

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I also had the same problem on the Mega with corrupt MediCat Main Partition.zip.001 but with the torrent it was OK
you can resume the download with torrent (magnet) and point to the same directory, it will do the work for you by verifying the checksums and fixing the broken files.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Ventoy v1.0.32 has been released.
https://www.ventoy.net/en/index.html
Yay, more bug fixes! Nothing to get excited about, but at least Linux vhd/vdi/raw files now are bootable in both Legacy BIOS and UEFI modes. So that's pretty cool. I think I'll turn the F6 menu into a bootable VHD menu... Thoughts?

EgyptianRaptor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Yay, more bug fixes! Nothing to get excited about, but at least Linux vhd/vdi/raw files now are bootable in both Legacy BIOS and UEFI modes. So that's pretty cool. I think I'll turn the F6 menu into a bootable VHD menu... Thoughts?
I like the Idea and I guess you should venture it.

For me I only use Kali as a VHD and it is a 40 GB VHD thus I presume I will not be adding more VHD's to my 256 Flash any time soon.
I know you are not waiting for me to tell you it's a good idea to add since you are already contemplating it but I wanted to grab this opportunity to re-say that I and tons of others are really enjoying your work.

Go on and spread Joy.

Peace. :)

Reactions: John69 and Jayro

Abominator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
@Jayro i have to report one bug/problem that i noticed when i tried to boot the Active Data Studio iso file from the medicat 20.12, in UEFI mode :(

Attachments

• 20210108_143712784_iOS.jpg
    20210108_143712784_iOS.jpg
    775.9 KB · Views: 205

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol