Chansm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Thank you for your reponse.
But, No it doesn't work under Windows
Neither of the 2 partitions of MEDICAT is identified as a Ventoy partition by Ventoy2Disk.
It is therefore not possible to update.

Seem to work for me. Safer way is to copy all files out then reinstall ventoy. It will format the whole USB drive. After that copy back the files.

titou43

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Updated the "UPDATE ONLY" torrent files to v1.0.24. Hopefully LongPanda won't put out another update in an hour. :rolleyes:

Hello Jayro
In the Update Only there is no fil to download (it seems the file was erased...)

In the Torrent download the update of the partition Ventoy is at 1.0.23...and not at 1.0.24
On my USB Medicat 256Go I have extend the partition so ventoy2update not reconise the ventoy structure...

But I have made the update to the 1.0.24 on my USB Key 256 Go...like this :

I have an USB key 16Go ventoy 1.0.24 with only one ISO (partedmagic last version)

1) - I boot with this USB 16Go on my laptop under parted magic
2) - I connect the USB Medicat 256 Go
3) - I copy the file and folder of ventoypartition (VTOYEFI_Partition) and paste them on VTOYEFI_Partition of 256Go Usb

It seem OK

@Jayro
Do you think this process is good ?

KaMyKaSii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@Jayro I believe that to update to the new version of Ventoy you just need to download the installer for Linux and extract the contents of the file ventoy.disk.img.xz to the VTOYEFI partition, not replacing your modifications of the theme. Then you compress it again and upload it here for us to download and extract by overwriting the current VTOYEFI partition.
And by the way, do you have plans to migrate the Mini Windows 10 from an ISO to an installation in a vhd file? Do you think there may be problems with drivers on different machines?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
sorry @Jayro :rolleyes:
There is a new release of Ventoy: v1.0.25
https://www.ventoy.net/en/
Working on it... >_> *smashes my head between bricks*

But I can't seem to get this example code working to show the Legacy theme: HERE (at the bottom)
The theme for UEFI loads up, but not for Legacy... I even edited the ventoy.json file in a json editor, and the editor parsed the json as good. If anyone can get the 2nd theme working, I'll gladly credit you in the changelog.

@Jayro I believe that to update to the new version of Ventoy you just need to download the installer for Linux and extract the contents of the file ventoy.disk.img.xz to the VTOYEFI partition, not replacing your modifications of the theme. Then you compress it again and upload it here for us to download and extract by overwriting the current VTOYEFI partition.
And by the way, do you have plans to migrate the Mini Windows 10 from an ISO to an installation in a vhd file? Do you think there may be problems with drivers on different machines?
I currently have no plans to make Mini Windows 10 into a .vhd, but users can feel free to do that on their own. It just takes up too much space for release.

Silejonu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Silejonu
Could you explain how to update partition ventoy under windows 7 ?
For me it is impossible....
Under windows 10 the two partitions appears in the list disk ventoy update and it impossible to chose one partition

I'm french so you could give me infos in french to ??

Windows can be capricious with Ventoy apparently. In this case, the easiest way to update it is via the live ISO provided by the developer here: https://www.ventoy.net/en/download.html
And here are the instructions: https://www.ventoy.net/en/doc_livecd.html (you can skip the "Usage 2" section if you don't want to update via VMWare)

----------------------------------------------

Windows peut parfois être capricieux avec Ventoy, visiblement. Dans ce cas, le plus simple c'est de mettre à jour Ventoy via l'ISO live que le dév' met à disposition ici : https://www.ventoy.net/en/download.html
Les instructions sont à cette adresse : https://www.ventoy.net/en/doc_livecd.html (tu peux ignorer la section « Usage 2 » si tu ne veux pas faire la mise à jour via VMWare).
En résumé, tu télécharges l'image ISO, puis tu as deux options pour créer la clé qui va te servir à faire la mise à jour :
- Si ton ordinateur peut démarrer en UEFI, alors tu formates une clé (pas celle de Ventoy !) en FAT32, et tu extraies le contenu de l'ISO sur la clé.
- Si ton ordinateur ne peut pas démarrer en UEFI, alors flashes l'image ISO avec Rufus en mode DD.

Une fois que tu as créé ta clé de mise à jour, démarre dessus, branches ta clé Medicat, et suis les instructions pour mettre à jour.

Deleted member 541258

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Support for Medicat got added to YUMI on version 2.0.5.3. The problem is that YUMI wants an iso and Medicat is an img. Is there a Medicat iso? Can I force an img into YUMI? I don't understand why YUMI added support for Medicat because img and iso are different files, unless i misunderstood something.

Gremlin220366

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would first like to thankyou Jayro for all the effort and time you put into medicat. i have managed to get different back grounds for UEFI and Legacy boot in the latest ventoy using this json file. Then create two folders under themes in ventoy folder called UEFI and Legacy and put different background image in each folder but everything else is the same in each folder. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• ventoy.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 235

momosala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
To update Ventoy in MEDICAT, under Windows 10 :
I propose a method that I have just applied and that works well.

1/ Download the latest version of Ventoy "ventoy-1.0.25-windows.zip" at: https://www.ventoy.net/en/download.html
2/ Decompact the archive. You get a folder containing the "boot", "plugin", "ventoy" and the "ventoy2disk" file.
3/ Go to the "ventoy" folder
4/ Decompress the file "ventoy.disk.img.xz" with Winrar (or other). you get a file "ventoy.disk.img".
5/ Extract the contents of the file ""ventoy.disk.img"" with 7-Zip or WinZip. You get a folder "ventoy.disk".
6/ With a file comparison application (filesync, Syncovery...), compare the contents of the "ventoy.disk" folder with the contents of the "VTOYEFI" partition of MEDICAT. Make a binary comparison that compares the contents of the files and not the creation dates. Only some files differ.
7/ Update the files in the "VTOYEFI" partition with the files different from "ventoy.disk".
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To check if the update has been done :
1/ Launch RMPrepUSB (or MobiliveCD or other virtualization program).
2/ Check that the main MEDICAT partition is detected.
3/ Click on the button on the right "Test using QEMU Emulator (F11)".
- 1st window: OK.
- 2nd window: NO
- 3rd window: OK
4/ MEDICAT is launched.
5/ Check the Ventoy version in the top left corner.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It is a method intended to upgrade "ventoy" on a MEDICAT key created according to the recommendations of JAYRO (with PassMark ImageUSB 1.5 Build 1003).

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I would first like to thankyou Jayro for all the effort and time you put into medicat. i have managed to get different back grounds for UEFI and Legacy boot in the latest ventoy using this json file. Then create two folders under themes in ventoy folder called UEFI and Legacy and put different background image in each folder but everything else is the same in each folder. Hope this helps.
Thanks mate, I'll credit you in the changelog. I appreciate your hard work getting this to work. I'll test this out in a bit.

Reactions: vnpt0409

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
The VTOYEFI partition update is live, while I'm still ironing out a few things for the next release.

MediCat USB v20.10.1 will have some new enhancements to the Main Menu, thanks to @Gremlin220366 , and LongPanda of course. Should be uploading it tomorrow sometime. (New artwork too!)

FreePlayFlorida

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hey guys, hopefully someone can help me out, I thought I was pretty savvy when came to tech, anyway my moms laptop wont boot, so used the medicat, which is great and booted right up into her laptop, can see the old HD and her user files, but they are shaded out compared to other folders, and all im trying to do is rescue her documents, but in the doc folder it shows nothing despite there should be files, am i doing something wrong or need to change permissions, or pw? any insight you can do to help me rescue files, thanks guys

Lucid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This my first time downloading medicat and I am having trouble finding the iso/.bin file is there anyone who can help me out on finding it?

Last edited by Lucid,

royallyfedup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just created 20.10 on to a SSD that is in a USB carrier. Tried to boot into Acronis both in UEFI (video issues aka pieces of the screen were missing) as well as in Legacy Acronis simply hung when booting a Dell Optipliex 3040.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn