Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
@Jayro
Also, which are the "Needless files for Memtest86 v8.3 that got left behind"? I figure these are only small size and the removal is purely cosmetic?
Just very small files like logos and htm files and such. I deleted them and booted Memtest86 just fine, so they weren't needed.

Reactions: BuxB

Chansm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
@Jayro a little suggestion for "Update instructions.txt":

1) If you use a 32GB USB flash drive, first remove "Boot_an_Operating_System/[UEFI]_PlopLinux-19.4-x86_64.iso" to make space for the update. Next Use 7-zip....

Also, which are the "Needless files for Memtest86 v8.3 that got left behind"? I figure these are only small size and the removal is purely cosmetic?

I am using 32G USB drive. After building 20.09, found there is some 3G+ free space. So I used Disk Director program to move Ventory partition to end and expand the original partition that hold the iso files.
After that, I copy "[UEFI]_PlopLinux-19.4-x86_64.iso" from old 20.08 USB drive to 20.09 one.

Pabli

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm just getting this message and F1 do nothing

I also installed ventoy-1.0.20 to this pendrive and it worked without any problems

Okay so when I am booting medicat I've getting one option in boot menu: "Linpus lite" and that one gives me an error. When I deleted files from VTOYEFI and copied new files from ventoy-1.0.20, it started showing me two options in boot menu. "Linpus lite" and "EFI USB Device" that I can boot normally :D

Edit: There is something wrong with my laptop and ventoys secureboot support option, so I'm gonna use ventoy version without secureboot support

Attachments

• medicat.jpg
    medicat.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 381
  • ventoy.jpg
    ventoy.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 380
Last edited by Pabli,

homeboy38

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
Since the latest update, after disabling Secure Boot on my ASUS BIOS, I have a "Secure Boot Disabled" message and nothing happens (to be honest, I did not wait too long). I tried the other key which I had not updated since 20.08 and I was able to boot normally.
Ventoy issue?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
How can I/we check/correct it directly on the stick?
Burn a fresh copy to USB, and then run Ventoy to "update" it. But first check the options that secure boot is checked, and do the update before messing with the partitions.

Reactions: pandabeathugo

homeboy38

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
argl, not just a config file to modify or a missing file that can be copied from the official ventoy update? No other way than burning a new key (no more key left on my side)

Reactions: pandabeathugo

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
argl, not just a config file to modify or a missing file that can be copied from the official ventoy update? No other way than burning a new key (no more key left on my side)
I don't know how secure boot works, so I really don't know. This is the only way I personally know how to fix it.

Ludlulu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to add a folder with Linux distributions and a logo to the file?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey Jairo! How to add a icon to a folder on Ventoy?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
How to add a folder with Linux distributions and a logo to the file?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey Jairo! How to add a icon to a folder on Ventoy?
Open the /Ventoy/ventoy.json file in Notepad++ and you'll see how I achieved it.

Reactions: Ludlulu

pandabeathugo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Jayro , i am having the same issues on a Bootcamp (2014 Mac, High Sierra, Boot authorized) and i'm having the same errors regarding secure boot. I am currently trying on the usb boot creator "UNetbootin" and will try with 'YUMI' multiboot usb creator as well.
When booting on my external SSD Bootcamp Partition, at the boot, i press the "Option" Key to boot on the .EFI partition of Medicat USB, but it can't go past those secure boot errors when prompting an OS or option on Medicat menus.
Do you have any particular instrutions on how to make sure the usb can go past secure boot ? Or add this option on the img?
Thanks for your stellar work!

Last edited by pandabeathugo,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
@Jayro , i am having the same issues on a Bootcamp (2014 Mac, High Sierra, Boot authorized) and i'm having the same errors regarding secure boot. I am currently trying on the usb boot creator "UNetbootin" and will try with 'YUMI' multiboot usb creator as well.
When booting on my external SSD Bootcamp Partition, at the boot, i press the "Option" Key to boot on the .EFI partition of Medicat USB, but it can't go past those secure boot errors when prompting an OS or option on Medicat menus.
Do you have any particular instrutions on how to make sure the usb can go past secure boot ? Or add this option on the img?
Thanks for your stellar work!
I don't know the first thing about booting up a Mac. I've never owned one, and I never will. I don't fully understand how Bootcamp even works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ♫ Mama hully gully, Papa hully gully, Baby hully gully too ♫ :rofl2:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: ♫ Mama hully gully, Papa hully gully, Baby hully gully too ♫ :rofl2: