• Replies 3,951
  • Likes 278

Zalex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Does anyone have a good guide to add drivers?

Tryied from W7 bit didn't work.

Wanting to add Intel HD3000 drivers or some kind of generic for 1366x786

Thanks you.

Redmi Note 7 Pro | Tapatalk

Zalex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
hi
can I create MediCat with MiniWindows10?
Thanks..
There's already there?

Or do you mean your own Mini10?
13956c330eaf1e96edf3ef4508f3e63c.jpg

Zalex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@Jayro

Hi,
Just seen 18.10 is not available.

It was the latest full edition:

* Live utilities
* Mini W10
* PortableApps

Right?

I keep it,
Would be useful to be also online?

I could upload it to Mega.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have a good guide to add drivers?

Tryied from W7 bit didn't work.

Wanting to add Intel HD3000 drivers or some kind of generic for 1366x786

Thanks you.

Extract the boot.wim file out and save it to your desktop or whatever. Extract your Intel drivers to a folder. Use EasyDISM to mount the boot.wim file to a folder. Then use the drivers tab to add the Intel driver folder to the boot.wim. then you can put the boot.wim file back into the ISO (or back onto your USB stick) and it will boot up with the included I tell driver you installed. I use this exact process to install Wi-Fi and LAN drivers before release.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Jayro

Hi,
Just seen 18.10 is not available.

It was the latest full edition:

* Live utilities
* Mini W10
* PortableApps

Right?

I keep it,
Would be useful to be also online?

I could upload it to Mega.

I believe I still have that version up on the pirate bay. But you'll have to find it yourself, I can't post Link's from that site in here. A quick search for "medicat" should find it.

Reactions: eyebrow and Hewell

Zalex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Extract the boot.wim file out and save it to your desktop or whatever. Extract your Intel drivers to a folder. Use EasyDISM to mount the boot.wim file to a folder. Then use the drivers tab to add the Intel driver folder to the boot.wim. then you can put the boot.wim file back into the ISO (or back onto your USB stick) and it will boot up with the included I tell driver you installed. I use this exact process to install Wi-Fi and LAN drivers before release.

Thank you.

I will try again.

Last edited by Zalex,

Zalex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I believe I still have that version up on the pirate bay. But you'll have to find it yourself, I can't post Link's from that site in here. A quick search for "medicat" should find it.

Ok,

I still using 18.10 because UEFI and BIOS, and full featured.

Will upload it if needed for the future.

Thank you.

Last edited by Zalex,

K4k4shi

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Can we use this for windows 7?
Thanks!

Can we use medicat on windows 7?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Can we use this for windows 7?
Thanks!

Can we use medicat on windows 7?
Many if the portable apps will still work on Windows 7, yes... But now that Windows 7 has been officially killed off by Microsoft, I will no longer be supporting it.

Chansm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Been using v18.10, love the integration with min win 10. How could I add min win10 to main USB image for v19.10?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Been using v18.10, love the integration with min win 10. How could I add min win10 to main USB image for v19.10?
Just copy and paste the menu entry inside main_menu.cfg from 18.10 into 19.10, extract your Mini Windows 10 ISO onto the root of the USB, and that should be all there is to it.

JessyFenyx

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,
I'm French and my English is.....so, sorry :wacko:
Using Medicat 19.10 I want to do the same thing (add Mini windows10 to V19.10) but i don't understand everything...

When i extract mini window iso (on the root of the USB) there are folders and files who have the same name as the folders of Medicat but the contain is different.
Should I replace everything ?

Thank you in advancve

FormulaPhoenix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Go to page 75 of this thread and take a look at @webrod's post #1494. What I did was create a flash drive of MediCat USB 19.10 using Rufus, then copied a custom Mini Windows 10 ISO (that I created using a tool called Win10XPE) into the ISO folder, then edited the menu as needed by following webrod's post. If you still have the MediCat Mini Windows 10 ISO from 18.10, you could probably do the same.

Last edited by FormulaPhoenix,

Lexor

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
MediCat USB

Hello, this is my first post here and I would like to thank you for your work on this project.

I have some question about previous version of MediCat USB, 18.10.

medicat.v18.10.stable.iso file is still available to download from your Google Drive but it seems that file was originally uploaded with some errors. I tried to download it many times (at different days/nights, from different PCs and from different locations). Every time the MD5 checksum of downloaded file from Google Drive was the same: 098a29da811cfa0a40d1b64b3595bd70 but, to compare, MD5 checksum included in 18.10 hashes.txt file was 0d4daf7c31f80fe38a0cea5fdf8b8a0e and that's the MD5 checksum of medicat.v18.10.stable.iso file when it's downloaded from torrents.

I did file compare of these two iso files and here is the result, two bytes (in detail: two first bits of these two bytes) are different:
Code:
address of byte   value downloaded from Google Drive   value downloaded from Torrents
00000002EEEDEA91                  64                                 E4
00000002EEEDEED1                  88                                 08

I do not know how important these two bytes are but their wrong values could lead to some errors when someone is using your project.

Could you please confirm / deny that this file on Google Drive was uploaded with errors? Or maybe it is some earlier version? If there were some errors during upload then maybe you should re-upload that file again, this time packed in 7z format to have this additional basic possibility to check the file after its download?

--------------------------------------------------​

EDIT: I've just unpacked and compared all files inside both isos and I think I found the culprit of these differences:

\Programs\EmsisoftEmergencyKit\bin64\Signatures\BD\emalware.c09
Code:
                              MD5 checksum
emalware.c09 / Google Drive   32d37bc0f323f360c2ad85454c628eb4
emalware.c09 / Torrents       b76f314f9d7a632ddc939c0bf56a4b9a
Code:
address of byte   value downloaded from Google Drive   value downloaded from Torrents
00022A91                          64                                 E4
00022ED1                          88                                 08

Can you confirm this?

Now I presume that MediCat 18.10 on Google Drive can't be "some earlier version of this iso" and is damaged indeed.

Last edited by Lexor,
Reactions: Ricken

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello, this is my first post here and I would like to thank you for your work on this project.

I have some question about previous version of MediCat USB, 18.10.

medicat.v18.10.stable.iso file is still available to download from your Google Drive but it seems that file was originally uploaded with some errors. I tried to download it many times (at different days/nights, from different PCs and from different locations). Every time the MD5 checksum of downloaded file from Google Drive was the same: 098a29da811cfa0a40d1b64b3595bd70 but, to compare, MD5 checksum included in 18.10 hashes.txt file was 0d4daf7c31f80fe38a0cea5fdf8b8a0e and that's the MD5 checksum of medicat.v18.10.stable.iso file when it's downloaded from torrents.

I did file compare of these two iso files and here is the result, two bytes (in detail: two first bits of these two bytes) are different:
Code:
00000002EEEDEA91                  64                                 E4
00000002EEEDEED1                  88                                 08

I do not know how important these two bytes are but their wrong values could lead to some errors when someone is using your project.

Could you please confirm / deny that this file on Google Drive was uploaded with errors? Or maybe it is some earlier version? If there were some errors during upload then maybe you should re-upload that file again, this time packed in 7z format to have this additional basic possibility to check the file after its download?

--------------------------------------------------​

EDIT: I've just unpacked and compared all files inside both isos and I think I found the culprit of these differences:

\Programs\EmsisoftEmergencyKit\bin64\Signatures\BD\emalware.c09
Code:
                              MD5 checksum
emalware.c09 / Google Drive   32d37bc0f323f360c2ad85454c628eb4
emalware.c09 / Torrents       b76f314f9d7a632ddc939c0bf56a4b9a
Code:
00022A91                          64                                 E4
00022ED1                          88                                 08

Can you confirm this?

Now I presume that MediCat 18.10 on Google Drive can't be "some earlier version of this iso" and is damaged indeed.
I was having issues uploading back then, and suggest that you trust the Torrent iso over the Google drive iso.

Smexhy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
Please can you add version changelog to the 1st post so we will know when there is an update without going through pages on this post? I know there is the text “edited...” down under that post but it’s almost not visible and it doesn’t necessarily mean the MediCat was updated.

Lexor

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I was having issues uploading back then, and suggest that you trust the Torrent iso over the Google drive iso.

As my investigation and your above words confirm that uploaded file is damaged: do you have any plans to re-upload this file on Google Drive (preferably in packed format)?

I do not know "how many" but there are a lot of people who do not use torrents* and downloading from Google Drive is the only option for them.

*) I do not use torrents either - I've got this file from torrents thanks to my friend who also confirms that Google Drive file has different checksum.

Please can you add version changelog to the 1st post so we will know when there is an update without going through pages on this post? I know there is the text “edited...” down under that post but it’s almost not visible and it doesn’t necessarily mean the MediCat was updated.

From my understanding there are no "small updates" between "bigger versions" (like the current 19.10 is still the same as in the moment of its release) and changelog for 19.10 is available to download from Google Drive.

Last edited by Lexor,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Odd coincidence?