Hacking MediaPlay -> Extend frezzes

firebirdxxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ne1 got the MediaPlay->extend to work ? I just upgraded to 4.2b put the MediaplayExtend Folder in in the root of the G6 lite . But as soon as I choose mediaplay extend it loads up i see the menuscreen but than imidiatly frezzes. Ne1 know what to do or experienced the same thing ?

best regards hamsi

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a similar problem with MediaPlayerExtended. Sometimes it freezes when the menu appears, sometimes I can browse through the folders, but when I double-click on a .dpg, it goes back to the menu and freezes.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've had it freeze twice when trying to launch it. But I've launched it probably 20 times so that's not bad. What I'm trying to figure out is what kind of global.ini file you can use for it, everything I've tried causes it to go to white screen on launch.
frown.gif

I wish there was a way to get inside that dat file and steal the ini file.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's correct. And it has to be in the specific path MediaplayExtend/main/mediaplayExtend.dat or the G6 won't find it. It's also possible to skin it to a certain extent if you make a "System" folder in the root and put the properly named BMP files into it. I'm still trying to figure out how to customize it with a global.ini file.

js18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have no problem with MediaplayExtend, I just could not get moonshell to work, so I ended up D/L the media extend file and put the whole folder into the root of G6. and have had no problems playing videos, or mp3's

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just today I tried to launch moonshell and it froze at a white screen. This happens every now and then with both moonshell and media extend. Weird. It's not something that happens too often at least. But DPG files play fine on both of them for me. I think the mediaplay extend gives a bit better performance with them than moonshell.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey it seems like more and more often moonshell will freeze with white screens on launch. It used to start up perfectly every time. This really sucks. And mediaplay extend does it now and then too. I hope I don't get to the point where it never boots up like some people are experiencing.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Interesting, I haven't noticed if this is what I've been doing. I'll keep track in the future.

BTW I just updated from the old loader 4.2 to the one that's two versions later (4.2B i think) and updated the manager to match, and I haven't had either program crash since then. This could be and probably is coincidence but I thought it was worth mentioning.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Opium, that happens with most homebrew apps, at least it happens for me with SNESDS. It doesn't work if I soft-reset out of a DS game. But the MediaExtendPlay still doesn't work if I boot the DSL fresh.

Deaddy, did you write all your roms with the new manager?

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, Danny wrote back about my questions regarding a global.ini file that doesn't freeze the program. He said "What is a global.ini file?"
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM