apb407

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well i just started it yesterday the whole media sharing experience and i downloaded Tversity and everything it worked out fine i was happy. Now today i try it again and its not working. It says that the 360 cant find my PC. So i went to my computer and went to network and the network doesnt show the 360 either now. I went to WMP and i checked the 360 so it is allowed to share but its still not finding my PC. Last i tried to test my connection to my computer through the 360 here are the results

Xbox to Xbox Live- Works
Xbox to Computer- Fail
Xbox to WMP- Fail

for the last two the 360 connects fine to the Network but then does not find the PC for some reason. Any reason why or any help?

nin10do

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
please provide more info. do you have vista/xp. are yout rying to make a wired/wirelss connection. is there already a connection to some other network on your computer that is also active.

apb407

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
okay well i am using vista home basic, with a wired connection. On my network i have only one other thing it says "kids" because my dad set this all up. I am guessing "kids" means the computer 360 should show up there too.

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You might need to forward some ports on your computer... how's it connected? Wireless router > PC > ethernet cable > 360? That's how mine is.

apb407

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
umm well i dont know for sure. I do have a wireless router that my internet it connected to from both game consoles and computers. I also am pretty sure i have a ethernet cable. Which ports should i forward from my computer though?

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try what I said? Restart the sharing service on your computer on Tversity while the 360 is turned on. Just hit the Restart Sharing button in settings in Tversity.

nin10do

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
i had the same problem. i was trying to connect the x360 through a wired connection to the laptop and it wouldn't go. the problem is there are usually many networks on the laptop and it is not always possible to run all of them simultaneously. i have a wireless router too and when i disabled my internet connection along with all my other networks the x360 was able to connect. i'm not sure where the conflict lies and can't be bothered to find the exact cause.

apb407

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry Shyn i just tried it now and it worked at first because my 360 finally found Tversity but then when i tried to connect it had the same problem that i could not connect to my computer. It says "PC not Listed" Also i only have one other thing on my network so i dont think it could be that there are too many things on my network.

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You also have to disable media sharing in Windows Media Connect, Windows Media Player 11, and the Zune software (if you have those installed) for Tversity's sharing to work on the 360. (This also means you cant have PlayOn installed on the same system, if you have that)

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shyn said:
You also have to disable media sharing in Windows Media Connect, Windows Media Player 11, and the Zune software (if you have those installed) for Tversity's sharing to work on the 360. (This also means you cant have PlayOn installed on the same system, if you have that)

Thats not entirely true. I have WMP11, Tversity, and PlayOn installed on the same PC and they all work together in harmony. They each show up as seperate "servers" on my 360.
bow.gif

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
754boy said:
Shyn said:

Thats not entirely true. I have WMP11, Tversity, and PlayOn installed on the same PC and they all work together in harmony. They each show up as seperate "servers" on my 360.
bow.gif

How did you do that? PlayOn broke Tversity for me. They would show up in the list together, but Tversity would fail to connect.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shyn said:
How did you do that? PlayOn broke Tversity for me. They would show up in the list together, but Tversity would fail to connect.

All I did was install them and made sure they weren't using the same ports for sharing. Then I just made sure the ports they were using were open.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)