Media Playing Options

Which will produce better quality video?

• Xbox (original)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wii

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mixinluv2u

OP
Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
I have several options to get downloaded video playback onto my TV in the living room now, but I am not sure which one is the best. Maybe some of you with more experience can give me some insight.

1) Original Xbox (component cable)
I have a modded original xbox that I used for a long time. I loved how easily it can stream videos from a networked PC and how many different file formats it can play. For the most part this is good. It can play DivX/XviD movies along with .srt subtitles no problem, although having to turn on the PC to stream is sometimes bothersome.

2) Wii (component cable)
I just recently started to use GeeXbox on the Wii for video playback without expecting too much. To my surprise it's actually pretty decent. it doesn't play the anime fansub episodes, but on normal DivX/Xvid movies and tv episode it played surprisingly well. with .srt subtitles to boot!! I plug my USB harddrive for this.

so my question is, which of my setups will give me better quality video do you think??

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hard one.

First even the stock 8 gig drive (note you can format some of the later ones to 10 gigs) will hold enough viewing for an evening or two and FTP is fast enough to do it all within 10-20 minutes so do not be so quick to discount the xbox.

Quality: for me it comes down to ease of use, if your xbox has a remote then that one every time.
The wii is good but it lacks polish at present, I expect it will overtake the xbox though within a year (probably more like 6 months).
Going for quality xbox if only because of the nicer filters, this being said you will have to stare long and hard to tell the difference in quality.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't have a XBox, but I do have a Wii.
I bought a 1TB HD for the USB ISO Loader, but when I heard about GeexBox, I decided to put my series/movies on it too.
Never regretted it, works like a charm.
The interface isn't that user-friendly, but the actual playing is superb.
SRT files are supported too.
My Wii is running more multimedia then games atm
smile.gif

1 question though, is Geexbox still being developed?

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
orignal XBOX as above the REMOTE and XBMC it just kills everything else ...being able to pull streams or files from other sources (including remote sources via the net) as well as play them straight off disk and the variety of formats it can handle just kills anything thats out on the Wii Dead in the water ..have you tried watching a DVD on the Wii ?! it sucks pretty hard for choppy playback most of the time
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?