Hacking Media player Performance issue

llatnik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have an M3 REAL and a 6 gig, Sandisk microSD card

my issue is that the built-in moonshell clone i originally thought was freezing whenever i selected a folder with music in it, it was in fact juts taking an incredible amount of time, 20-30 seconds to display the contents of a folder of music

the wait time is less with less music in the folder, but given that it is a moonshell clone/port (not sure of exact terminology) and moonshel original can load the folders near instantly, given that I would use moonshell but for some reason it comes up in Japanese and the touchscreen doesnt respond well when i load it on my M3real

any help would be greatly appreciated, since I "upgraded" to the Real for the HCSD for music storage as a main reason (GBA being the other one, and it works loverly)

llatnik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DSMply doesn't seem to be a music player, it more looks like a dedicated player for DSM files

if there aren't any options for making the inbuilt music player work better, or make moonshell run properly what are some other popular DS music players people use?

VividBlack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To everyone suggesting or going to suggest different players, it seems as though he isn't looking for alternatives, he's looking for answers.

Yeah, it takes about 20 seconds to load, which is very irritating, but there doesn't seem to be any way to fix that as of yet. There may be a patch later on, but there's no news of any fixes.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

llatnik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well in answer to whether I was looking for a fix or an alternative, I"m honestly just looking for the most viable and convenient DS media player solution so both are quite true

as far as Gcstr's question about the updated performance issues, they appear to be identical since i am using the newer firmware and am having the same problems

but yes if there were only a way to get moonshell to run well I'd be happy as a clam, more than its fast loading and DPG3 playing the feature i love the most is how the shoulder buttons work when its closed, it means i can carry it in my pocket while I listen to music and not have to open it to skip/pause/etc but still dont have the buttons being pressed by the act of walking

as for DSorganise I had completely forgotten about it's media functionality so thanks for the reminder

as for having licks/moonshell/dsorganise be the thing that runs when you click on media, there is another simple solution i found, just have your DS REAL boot direct to your DS games list (option in options) and have it on the first pgae of four (since the files are listed in order written just make a folder and move your roms there, then move them back in the order you want them to appear ^^) and that way its:

Turn on DS >>> run music player >>> music plays

granted it isn't ideal but its the closest boot to music i can figure with the REAL's interface

Given homebrews usefulness and my current need to try new ones, is there a particular site that is the be all and end all for DS homebrews? (reviews/updates/downloads etc)

[EDIT] thanks for the tip to try Licks, its marvellous and it does the two button pause/next while the lid is closed, it seems to want to play my audiobooks as well as my music, so if someone could point me to some documentation for it that would be fab, I cant seem to find any, google has failed me there wasn't even a Readme file

oh and as for DSorganise, plays great but you have to keep it open the whole time. so something of a fatal flaw there, on the upside I finally updated and the new DSorganise is great so bonuses abound ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: