Media Create numbers shows 50+% drops for almost all hardware

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quite amazing. It's been 12 years and people *still* buy PlayStation 2's. 12 years. And who buys Gamecubes? XBoxes? Dreamcasts? Only collectors, and only "used".

This one console is quite hard to beat, it seems. What an amazing run it had.
whats the point of buying an xbox or a gamecube if you can get a new console who is backwards compatibility, unlike other consoles ¬¬

*im not saying it didnt had an amazing run at all* before you jump on me, it has one of the best libraries a console can have, it is backward compatibility to another console that has a great library and it is easily hackable...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Quite amazing. It's been 12 years and people *still* buy PlayStation 2's. 12 years. And who buys Gamecubes? XBoxes? Dreamcasts? Only collectors, and only "used".

whats the point of buying an xbox or a gamecube if you can get a new console who is backwards compatibility, unlike other consoles ¬¬

*im not saying it didnt had an amazing run at all* before you jump on me, it has one of the best libraries a console can have, it is backward compatibility to another console that has a great library and it is easily hackable...
Nowadays a PS2 emulator runs on just about any hardware - it's the PS2 "feel" people are after, at least in my opinion. As for the XBox backwards compatibility - it's dodgy at best. (At least from what I heard)

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nowadays a PS2 emulator runs on just about any hardware - it's the PS2 "feel" people are after, at least in my opinion. As for the XBox backwards compatibility - it's dodgy at best. (At least from what I heard)
Do you know how difficult it is to run a PS2 game at full speed on an emulator without problems? I have a 560 Ti GTX and an i7 Quad processor and some games still don't run at full speed. Not to mention that some games don't work, the graphics plugins are good and can make the games look better, but the games aren't always completely compliant leading to FMV slowdowns, graphical instabilities, and lag spikes (and this is with speed hacks). Not to mention some games just have problems with the emulators that can't be fixed. And I shouldn't forget the audio issues. Running it on "any hardware" (which by that I assume you mean standard hardware) would be painful (it was on my 9500), and the lag is much worse. The way I see it, it costs at least $300 more to run an emulator of the PS2 just under the performance one would get instead of buying a PS2 for $30

So it's not just the feel, trust me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1