medal of honour heroes 2 wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by gamermole, Jul 17, 2007.

Jul 17, 2007
  1. gamermole
    OP

Banned gamermole Banned

United Kingdom
    news just in. it has now been officially confirmed that the new medal of honour on the wii has 32 player online which allows you to jump in and out of a game at anytime. and a wii exclusive mode that is an on the rails shooter to focus more on gunning then running. this feature fully utilizes the new wii zapper. but will the wii zapper work fully in the normal (not on rails) mode

2. sekhu

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    source?

3. gamermole
    OP

Banned gamermole Banned

United Kingdom
  4. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    I can't see how you could play 32 players at once on the wii. The wii had around the same power as the xbox 1. That would only allow you to play up to 16 players.

5. gamermole
    OP

Banned gamermole Banned

United Kingdom
    its not about power its about howmany the servers can handle.

6. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    The wii being an equal to the xbox is a really shitty rumor that got started. There's more to it than that. This very site(forum) recently within the week had a thread where this came up, and a research story was written up where it was looked into and the system can do a lot more than it is given credit for.

7. gamermole
    OP

Banned gamermole Banned

United Kingdom
    also people are calling it a gamecube 1.5 which i disagree with and anyway everyone knows some of the best games come at the end of a consoles run. so nice to see nintendos kept the game development very similar to that of the cubes

8. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    The clock speeds are the same, but clock speed isn't everything. The XBox has an older Intel Celeron processor, which isn't very efficient in terms of calculations per clock cycle. The Wii, on ther other hand, has a PowerPC, which is quite efficient in calculations per cycle. Likewise with the GPUs: you need to look at not only the clock speed, but the number of pipelines (gaming cards have only increased in clock speed from 200MHz to 600MHz over the past five years, but the number of pipelines has gone from two to 16 or 32) and the efficiency of the pipelines.

Yes in fact clock speed is hardly anything. I don't even know why reviewers list clock speed comparatively, it isn't useful at all, and it's deceptive to people who don't know what clocking actually is

The exact number of calculations depends on what calculations are being done: it's not uncommon for a CPU to be able to do two integer additions per cycle, but something complicated like a square root might take a hundred cycles. For scientific and computer-graphics calculations, performance is measured in FLOPS: number of floating-point math operations per second. Logic and integer math performace is measured in IPS: the number of instructions the chip can process per second. The Xbox is a slightly-modified PC, so specifications on it are easy to come by. The Wii, on the other hand, uses many custom parts, and Nintendo hasn't announced anything about the specifications. What is known is that it is about twice as powerful as the Gamecube, and the Gamecube is slightly less powerful than the Xbox.

9. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    WII CPU/GPU 729/243mhz
    GC CPU/GPU 485/162mhz

Actually clock speeds improved a bit like eyeballing that appears about a 1/3, but as you said clock means nothing, it's how you use it. Also while the other 2 guys can dynamically do their video tricks the Wii gpu is static, but, with crafty coding you can copy all the effects the other 2 guys can do as well, outside of having a lot more polys on screen of course.

10. helba

Newcomer helba Advanced Member

Canada
    agreed to u smart people who made me research into proving you wrong, which in turn proved u right.

11. Tomobobo

Member Tomobobo Champion.

United States
    Just read a comment in the source for the topic. The comment said that EA isn't using Nintendo Wifi Connection because Nintendo is giving them the option to not use it. How cool.

But, doesn't that say something to Nintendo?

"Here you go guys, you can use our WFC, it'll generate friend codes for all your users and take care of all the matchmaking for you."

"Uhh... No thanks... I think we're going to go with something a little less weak."

12. Redsquirrel

Member Redsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    yeah apparently EA games have one friend name for all games. Im sure it will be better than nintendos wifi mode..

13. AshuraZro

Member AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Canada
    Medal of Honor Heroes was awful on PSP and I don't expect much more from a sequel.

14. directive0

Member directive0 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    hahaha, I imagined exactly the same scenario!

"Here ya go!"

"Hey...alright. WIFI connect... sweet. But ya know what.. thanks and everything...but no thanks. But thanks!"

15. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    The first was boring, last MoH game I liked was Infiltrator on GBA. I still prefer the first PSX game to GoldenEye, the atmosphere and level variety was just top notch, shame about multiplayer.