Homebrew MCinfoDS (DS entry)

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
downloaded it, this is awesome.

but when you scroll with the d-pad you get stuck at the changes in MC 1.6, i cant get past it even using the scroll thing on the side of the touch screen

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Nice Idea - not tried it (yet) but a question....

25267-screenshot%202.PNG

Looking @ (what I assume) the index screen you've got the 'Crafting recipes' option, which I'm guessing only contains info for the plain 'Vanilla' minecraft (I also assume that it shows pictures of the crafting table etc)

Is there a way for people to add info for any MOD's they've installed & if not could it be added.
Perhaps the additional info could be placed into a folder like '/data/MCinfoDS/' in a form of BBCode like

Code:
[Crafting Recipes]
[Wolves Extended]
[img]/data/MCinfoDS/Pics/ClothingWorkbench.bmp[/img]
Description=Creates a workbench to allow you to make clothing for your wolves
where
  • [Crafting Recipes] is the section it appears in
    [Wolves Extended] is a sub category
    [ img ][ /img ] is where to find the required graphic
    'Description=' is some basic text that is shown with the graphic

ryoushi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Seaking said:
downloaded it, this is awesome.

but when you scroll with the d-pad you get stuck at the changes in MC 1.6, i cant get past it even using the scroll thing on the side of the touch screen

Thanks for reporting;) I fixed this, it was a small code flaw:P

QUOTE(CannonFoddr @ May 31 2011, 10:28 AM) Nice Idea - not tried it (yet) but a question....

Is there a way for people to add info for any MOD's they've installed & if not could it be added.
Perhaps the additional info could be placed into a folder like '/data/MCinfoDS/'

Hmm, this is something I need to try implementing, I mean, I have thought of this myself a couple of weeks ago, but forgot about it for no reason:P

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
@ ryoushi: Not sure how you would go about implementing the 'additional info' but (if I could program) here's how I would attempt it

[*] Firstly, I would have the NDS file to be just a 'simple' page loader/viewer & have all the different info on separate 'text' files -
[title:Preferably stored in folders/sub folders like.....]
Code:
/data/
!
!--/MCinfoDS/
!ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ!
!ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ!- /Minecraft/
!ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ!- /Blocks/
!ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ!- /Elevations/
!ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ!- /Mobs/
:
: etc
(I like to keep all homebrew 'additional info' inside a /data/ folder)
[*] The NDS file would have 1 button for each sub-folder (a bit like what you have already) & clicking on the button would load in a 'text' file inside that folder e.g you click on the {Mobs} button & it'll load in '/mobs/index.txt' folder

[*] The NDS file will then look @ the text file for 'image tags' (perhaps like [ img ]creeper.bmp[ /img ]) & load graphics from the appropriate folder (so in my example it would load in '/mob/creeper.bmp')

[*] Then the NDS will display the text/graphics in a scrollable list similar to what you have now

By having the plain 'text files with image tags' means that anyone can edit the existing files for whatever MODS they have installed...
(in fact - these could be 'posted' for download & anyone else who wants them can just 'copy/paste' it into the existing 'text' files)

Still - it IS up to you how you'd do it - this is just my suggestion
wink.gif
laugh.gif

EDIT: Actually - if you made the program this way & you're clever enough to get the NDS menu buttons to 'read' the name of the sub-folders to use them for the button labels - this program could be used for anything, not just Minecraft.
True, it'll still have the Minecraft menu/background graphics - unless you made THAT skinnable
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.