Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Untitled.jpg

Gaming colossus Nintendo and fast food giant McDonald's have long been business partners in different ways the world over, whether that means setting up consoles for public use, having been one of the biggest and best known Nintendo Zone service providers even before they were a thing in The West, occasionally bundling Nintendo gadgets with Happy Meals and... ordering a custom limited edition of the DSi, intended for use with their own "game" card containing a training course for their staff.

While this latter fact has long been known by most hardcore gaming historians and collectors, the eCDP Kurutore (standing for "eCrew Development Program - Crew Training") was still a mystery for most people, being undumped and furthermore requiring an user account to be downloaded from a now defunct server.

That is, until yesterday, when the successful effort by ObscureGamers members code1038 and ItsMeMario to crack the password on a save file with some user profiles already present met Nick Robinson's financial effort to buy, import, dump, and publish a ROM of his copy.

Code:
Original release filename: DSCDP_CRUJN6_00.nds
TitleID: CRUJN6
ROM: 256 MB, SHA-1: 136AACC9D3D7C8567381CD4E735FF3C004A018D0
Save: EEPROM 512 kB, SHA-1: 52EB13E817EA76CBAA9761984E4B62B2723E7146
Username and password to be used with that save: "482500" for both

:arrow: Source and original discussion on ObscureGamers
:arrow: Documentary by Nick Robinson (50') on YouTube
:arrow: Discussion topic

Picture credit: unknown seller, via Importaku

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Here's what I find funny about stories like this.

hacking/homebrew spaces: Stop sharing that 20 year old encryption key or game prototype, it's PIRACY!
mainstream normie gaming spaces: Here, have a full copyrighted ROM, no worries.

on topic: Where's my fan translation already? :P

Last edited by zoogie,

elk1007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So...I can't figure out how to hang up the hashbrowns to drain on the fryer.

Also wanted to point out that all of the character avatars look like women.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I remember once seeing a vid about this lost, uh, "game"?
And some peeps discussing in the comments about some a-hole hoarder that had a copy but wasn't willing to dumb/share it 'cus, as the guy put it, was afraid of legal confrontation or something.

Like MeatClown would give two simpleflips about something they probably don't even remember anymore being dumped on the internet.
What an assfuck.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The presentation is delightful, but it's a bit silly how he talks breathlessly about consulting with a preservationist about dumping the game with GM9. It's not like the cart had some kind of specialized hardware lockout; a child could do it.

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The presentation is delightful, but it's a bit silly how he talks breathlessly about consulting with a preservationist about dumping the game with GM9. It's not like the cart had some kind of specialized hardware lockout; a child could do it.
It's also kind of odd how he goes out of his way to get a 2DS modified for video capture when he could've emulated it (which he recommends at the end), ig the most logical reason is that he wasn't sure it would work on emulator

I would've liked to have seen if there's anything interesting on the DSi systems themselves, not that I expect any special software or something like that, it just would've been cool

D

Deleted User

So a game where you play as an employee from McDonald's, huh?

Google Store and App Store now have plenty of those.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs