MC.Kids NES rom isn't working on nesDS

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Brian117, Aug 24, 2008.

Aug 24, 2008
  1. Brian117
    OP

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Ughh, I have been wondering around the interwebz for probably 5 months finding NES roms for my homebrew app, nesDS. So today I thought, maybe there's an updated version of nesDS that fixes some bugs. Well, I found one. The only update for it is the touch screen issues. So I downloaded that one, dldi patched it for my dscrappy-x. Downloaded a MC.Kids nes rom from every site under the sun, and half the time, the Emu won't even load the first part, (If you know the game, and in the beginning with that airplane, it freezes right after the words appear from the tail end). But some roms go past that.

The rom I'm using now works, BUT. In some levels with that zipper warp. The screen goes black and won't do anything. But amazingly I can hold down L and rewind before I went in the zipper. Also, with this rom, whenever I complete the first level finding 5 of the 6 Mc Cards. I get to advance to the second level, which is that birds treehouse level or something. And when I enter that level, the level's graphics are all screwed up. You can't walk anywhere, can't select a level. Etc.

Don't worry, I'm not asking for a rom at all. I've read the rules.

But my 3 questions are, Is it the rom, or the emu screwing things up? Or is it my DS-X screwing it up? Should I try the emu and roms on my EDGE Flashcart?

Thanks in advance for any ideas/suggestions.

2. psycoblaster

Member psycoblaster Divine

Korea, South
    probably incompatible with the emu

3. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    If you'd posted this on the NDS - Emulation board where it belongs, you might have noticed this sticky which says M.C. Kids is known not to work.

4. Brian117
    OP

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Oh x3,

Thanks tons for pointing that out!