Mayflash Wii U Pro and PS3 gamepad to USB adapters.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Weebz, Apr 1, 2013.

Apr 1, 2013
  1. Weebz
    OP

Newcomer Weebz Member

United States
    http://www.mayflash.com/Products/NINTENDOWiiU/W009.html
    [​IMG]

It looks as though this page is just a placeholder and this device has not actually
    been released yet (I don't see it on Amazon or Ebay, their usual avenues for selling)
    I don't know if I'll be getting one, given the rather steep cost of the Wii U Pro controllers.
    But still, the idea is pretty cool. They've also got a similar adapter for PS3 controllers.

http://www.mayflash.com/Products/PCUSB/PS3003.html
    [​IMG]

I already have their wireless adapter for the original flatties (and old Wii Pro) controllers,
    (which I mentioned on here in a prior post...) and I'm pretty happy with its performance.
    Other people say they experience problems, but I don't get those... but then again, I also
    just use Joy2Key and ignored the supplied software disc. The idea of using the Pro, which
    is totally wireless, seems pretty cool though... but I'd have to hold one in my hands and be
    able to judge the build quality before I'd even consider paying $50 for one to use on my PC.

[​IMG]

The descrip on their site also says that it has a DirectInput mode, I'll go out on a limb
    and assume that means that it can still function as a regular Windows HID device like
    prior models for the old original Wii controllers.

2. macmanhigh

Banned macmanhigh THC = Truly High Caliber

United States
    Looks interesting...I've always used my wireless XBOX360 controller for my PC Gaming needs

Might try the PS3 version tho with that new PS3 XMB Emulator for PC :yayps3:

3. The Real Jdbye

Member The Real Jdbye D:

Norway
    Aren't these just bluetooth dongles with custom drivers? As the Pro controller can already be connected to a PC with nothing more than a BT dongle, as can the sixaxis...

4. Weebz
    OP

Newcomer Weebz Member

United States
    Well, the description on the page says it has DirectInput and an Xinput mode, and while set to DirectInput mode it can have up to four controllers connected at once, and I'm assuming that "DirectInput" means it converts the controllers into HID compliant devices, similar to how the adapters for the old Wii controllers worked. I wouldn't know since I don't have one of these adapters yet, nor do I have a Pro U controller to test it with.

What I do know is that I'm the kind of lazy S.O.B. who didn't wanna mess around with Glovepie and a Wiimote and such in order to get the original Classic Controller working on PC, and I still wouldn't wanna mess with that process to get a Wii U Pro controller working either.

My preference is towards plug n' play and being able to have devices show up in Windows Gamepad Setup and thus still work with Joy2Key. Even if the adapter is just "chained Bluetooth receivers with custom software" to me, they've still simplified the process to something a little more to my liking.

But even still, I'm actually pretty content with the adapter I have at present
    despite those "annoying wires" (-meh...- not really all that much of a bother, tbh.)

Sure, having the lack of wires and lack of needing to be tethered to a device would be cool,
    but my main concern would be towards the build quality and "feel" of the Pro U controller.
    Might just be how I'm looking at it, but it seems my thumbs would have a great deal more
    distance to reach to be able to comfortably use the Dpad and face buttons... but then maybe
    I'm just spoiled by the old flatties. Also, am I the only person in existence who actually -liked-
    the octagon shape around the older Classic Controller's analog sticks? I thought they were
    pretty helpful in allowing you to know what direction you were in, so you weren't 'slipping'
    between directions, but I guess these newer systems aren't just 8-way, but 360 degrees.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/5VjLI3rNkzk