Hacking Mayflash 4-port Gamecube Adapter

DeezTits

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll be brief:

I just got my 4-port Mayflash GC adapter. Works great in Nintendon-t! Absolutely love it. It's like reliving my teen years all over again -- in HD! .. Anyway, I was wondering if this adapter could be used in other emulators (ie, Not64, WiiFlow, WiiSX, etc.) or even vWii games. Granted, I've tried with Not64 to no avail. But maybe there's a setting I'm overlooking. Hence, this thead :)

Any info and/or help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, all!

Ultrasyther

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. Nothing else supports HID files, as far as I'm aware. No matter how badly I wish they did. Though some support the Pro controller if that's any consolation.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the Mayflash adapter better than the official one?
it is virtually a clone of the official one. It does exactly the same thing.

EXCEPT it has plug-'n-play PC support. So it depends on if you're a PC gamer/dolphin user, if so, then yes, this adapter has a distinct advantage over the official (when in Wii U mode, though, it is virtually the same)

Reactions: DeezTits

Evilengine

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
BUT: if you want to use the rumble feature with PC, you have to install the Mayflash driver (i did not test this, the package says that.) Wavebird is also supported.

Dragaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EXCEPT it has plug-'n-play PC support. So it depends on if you're a PC gamer/dolphin user, if so, then yes, this adapter has a distinct advantage over the official (when in Wii U mode, though, it is virtually the same)

Has the Mayflash adapter been able to achieve 100% GC controller emulation in Dolphin? I believe it's been done with the official adapter, but I'm not sure about Mayflash's.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Actually, neither have. They both have issues with the analogue triggers

Care to explain? I use the official adapter on nintendont and analog triggers works fine for me.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Care to explain? I use the official adapter on nintendont and analog triggers works fine for me.

Really? Then I will eat my words, I thought there were users complaining that the triggers were always reading as partially pressed :O Sorry! This may be solely a Mayflash issue, or my information may be outdated

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Really? Then I will eat my words, I thought there were users complaining that the triggers were always reading as partially pressed :O Sorry! This may be solely a Mayflash issue, or my information may be outdated

definitely outdated information. The last time I heard that was a ps3/ps4 HID issue, where the "click" didn't work.
I was actually one of those who "complained" about that, and then helped to fix this problem, By an idea where hex values has to reach the maximum press (FF or F0) and then does the click after that.
DigitalLR=2 exists because of that.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
definitely outdated information. The last time I heard that was a ps3/ps4 HID issue, where the "click" didn't work.
I was actually one of those who "complained" about that, and then helped to fix this problem, By an idea where hex values has to reach the maximum press (FF or F0) and then does the click after that.
DigitalLR=2 exists because of that.

Sweet, good to know :lol:

DeezTits

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
definitely outdated information...

Agreed. No issues at all with the 4-port Mayflash adapter. Now, I bought the single-port Mayflash adapter that plugs into the bottom of the wiimote. That has issues once in a while with slow response. Also the Start button/double-tapping/button resetting deal. But the 4-port cures all that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it