Maybe someone can help me here. About Moonshell?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by misticknight, Apr 12, 2007.

1. misticknight
    OP

Member misticknight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    it's kinda off topic, but i thought someone would help me here cause i think the SC boards are ded. i'm just gonna copy and paste what i wrote there.

"Ok i'm going to try and explain this as best i can, sometimes i can be confusing. I'm getting an R4 soon with a new 1 gig micro SD, however i still have another 1 gig for my SCLite. Considering i'm gonna be moving all my DS games onto the R4, i'd have ALOT of space to use now on the SD in my SClite. The main reason i';m getting an R4 however is for the battery lasting longer with it, my qeustion is, does the moonshell use alot of Battery power on the SClite even when it's closed , in which case i'd pretty much be wasting the money spent on the R4, or should i just put all my mp3s on the SC lite with no worries?"

I hope it wasn't confusing if i didn't explain it properly plz ask me to write it again.

2. iwakura

Member iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    what do u mean by "its closed"? do you plan on booting moonshell, and then closing the DS? without playing any files or anything?

3. xalphax

Member xalphax Internet killed the Ponystar.

Croatia
    should not suck considerably more power

i tested with r4 (my slot1) and g6 lite (slot2)

and they both last about the same time listening to mp3's while the ds is closed

4. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    good news, i can use my slot 2 mainly for mp3s then. thanks for the reply xalphax.

5. blade85

Member blade85 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    do u really have that many things on your flashcarts that you need 2? lol

I still have like 700 mbs left on mine :X

6. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    it's not that i need to it's just that i'm upgrading to an R4 and i may as well keep my SClite for something, in this case GBA roms and MP3s [​IMG]

7. CatScam

Member CatScam ScamaRama!

United States
    If you’re talking about running both the R4 & SC at the same time, you will most definitely
    drain the battery faster. Everything drains the battery, and for those who don’t believe me,
    when your DS’ red battery light comes on turn off the DS remove the slot-2 card & go back
    to playing. You should get 30 to 60 min more of game play depending on the game.