Maybe fake ak2i? Signs point to real though.

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Fesuasda, Apr 22, 2011.

Apr 22, 2011
  1. Fesuasda
    OP

Newcomer Fesuasda Member

United States
    So here's the thing: I recently bought an ak2i from a store listed on shoptemp (zhuzhuchina), so it should be a legit card right? I also checked the anti fake code on acekard.com and it checked out, with no one before me checking the code.

But here's the catch:
    On the ak2i it's self, it says DSi(XL) & 3DS compatible, and I haven't seen that on other pictures of the ak2i. Also, when the card is inserted, it doesn't have the AK picture in the DSi title icon, rather some Japanese game with wings and a halo in the picture.

So, as I bought this from a store that shoptemp approves, and the acekard anti fake code checks out, it should be real. But what gives with this other stuff? And if it is a fake, can i get a refund? I bought it off zhuzhuchina, which shomptemp approves.

Help is greatly appreciated.

2. AvengerAkashi

Newcomer AvengerAkashi Advanced Member

Brazil
    your card is original...the thing is he already have the update for the 3ds nothing more

o by the way you shoud take a look on this part of acekard website http://www.acekard.com/news.php in this section there is a picture of the news package of acekard and shows in orange upper left side of the box " DSI(XL)3DS Compatible" and also the "Dorasu" icon is for the new update

3. Frostshocker

Newcomer Frostshocker Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    All AK2i that are updated will show that when put into a DSi or 3DS [​IMG]

Sounds real to me

4. Fesuasda
    OP

Newcomer Fesuasda Member

United States
    Okay.. this also makes me a little nervous because the thread pinned for telling how to tell if it's fake has pictures that look just like mine, just different text about the compatibility. Is it just because I got this card very soon after it was released, so not much has been said about it on this site yet?

5. Fesuasda
    OP

Newcomer Fesuasda Member

United States
    So the cards that show the AK picture in the title icon are older than mine?

6. MaxNuker

Member MaxNuker GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute

Portugal
    the japanese game i think its caled DORASU , its the firmware that was flashed onto the card, so it can surpass 3ds security and launch

anyways, i think its a real one, if it checked out okay on the website..

7. AvengerAkashi

Newcomer AvengerAkashi Advanced Member

Brazil
    That is correct

8. Fesuasda
    OP

Newcomer Fesuasda Member

United States
    Alright! Thanks so much guys! Appreciate the help!