Country
Hi all

No hardmod,
Have Softmod with homebrew etc.

I would like to know if I have set up the wii at it's
optimum for :

- Little chance of bricking
- recovery from brick if needed

1 - What are my options to recover with the setting I have done (especially my settings for Starfall)
2 - Would you change/add/uninstall anything to make it more full proof

This all I have done to my wii (not including homebrew/emus)

1) Twighlight Hack to install howebrew channel - (Zelda - Twighlight Princess DVD)
2) wii 3.1e -> 3.2e with AnyRegionChanger Not changing anything but Installing system Menu 2.3e (EULA was Unread)
3) Installed cIOS Installer that came with Gator 0.3 gamma
4) Installed 0.3 gamma
5) Installed Softchip
6) Installed DVDx
7) Installed Starfall - ** with ONLY last 3 option **

might be of relevance ..?
8) Updated mii Channel to latest using Cashman v2 (NOT updated Shop Channel should I?)
I only really play PAL games and don't really play imported backups maybe I have one only
I have installed a few RF/PAL wads eg. Internet Channel, and 2 Wiiware Games

I have learnt a lot the last few weeks, and have ftp network all setup, Admittedly I will always try to figure out what each step is doing of any hack, and prefer doing individual steps to learn more in case something goes wrong for this reason I tend to avoid all-in-one packs...though they are great indeed and have been usefull

I think I might need to buy a GC pad, as I believe an Orig Game with update >3.2e might not work (or will it)..

Cheers for any help

scooochie4

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
student.dcu.ie
XP
Country
Your setup looks good. Would definitely get a GC pad if you want to use starfall recovery menu (by holding Y on GC pad). Also, keep an eye out for BootMii. When that is released it will be the ultimate anti-brick tool

D

Deleted User

If you have some extra cash, get a modchip and an autoboot WAD Manager, now that is the most powerful combo for any kind of banner brick. Yes that is, just pop in the disc, and uninstall the WAD.

propered

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you very much guys for your responses...

I appreciate it and will definitely get a GC controller, but getting a modchip maybe later down the road

So am I correct in thinking currently (with my settings) .......??

I can not unbrick with an original DVD with an update greater than 3.20e on it..

But I can unbrick with a GC controler somehow, running via starfall

Maybe I can still use the Twilight Hack to run .dol in root of MC ie. wad installer1.3

cheers friendly folk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended