Hacking May have bricked my 3ds, am I screwed?

HolyHobo

That guy you see around but don't know
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I installed the latest version of sighax on my 3ds and me being the dumb idiot I am, I accidentally placed the Luma boot.firm in the ctrNAND when updating luma replacing the sighax boot.firm in the ctrNAND. AKA the thing won't even boot into luma chainloader now. I'm guessing I'll have to hardmod but I have 0 soldering experience. Any advice or help? Thank you!

Last edited by HolyHobo,
Reactions: vb_encryption_vb

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can either do a hardmod(which sounds like a last resort for you), wait for NTRBootHax or try and see if holding A+L+R+Up(D-pad) and power on to get into recovery mode which will update your 3DS to the latest firmware. Now when trying the button combo to boot into the recovery mode make sure to keep holding A+L+R+Up(D-pad) for 15 seconds or so after powering on until the recovery screen pops up.

Let us know how you make out if you try 2 of the 3 options I mentioned.

Xerterion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I installed the latest version of sighax on my 3ds and me being the dumb idiot I am, I accidentally placed the Luma boot.firm in the ctrNAND when updating luma replacing the sighax boot.firm in the ctrNAND. AKA the thing won't even boot into luma chainloader now. I'm guessing I'll have to hardmod but I have 0 soldering experience. Any advice or help? Thank you!

Just replace the boot.firm with the Luma3ds 7.1 version to the root of the sd card

https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v7.1

Make sure to update properly the next time

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr