Maximus 360 firmware toolbox freezes at direct drive dump

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Translucentbill, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Translucentbill
    OP

Member Translucentbill GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Every time i try to run the maximus 360 firmware toolbox direct drive dump the program freezes, my computer is picking up the drive and giving it a drive number. When the drive isnt connected the program doesnt freeze. What the fuck is wrong? I've been trying to get this to work for about 3 1/2 hours now and im getting EXTREMELY frustrated, any ideas?

2. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I assume you're talking about a hitachi drive?, direct dump needs a disc in it for it to work, got a disc in it?. If you have, then just try jungleflasher, that can do them as well, might have better luck with it.

3. Translucentbill
    OP

United States
    Yeah, i had a disc in, and jungleflasher wont even fucking open when i have the drive connected [​IMG]

EDIT: When the drive is connected the computer acts fucking stupid. If i try to log off it wont let me until the drive has been disconnected from the sata port, when i unplug it while toolbox is frozen, it stops being frozen and instantly works like normal.
    The first time i booted up toolbox it worked fine and i saw the drive in the direct drive dump, i wasnt sure if i was supposed to do that yet so i closed it and thats when it started acting stupid.

4. Translucentbill
    OP

United States
    Im sorry about double posting but i really need a quick reply [​IMG]

At one point during the process of trying this, i cant even open the device manager, right clicking my computer and going to properties does nothing until i unplug the sata cable, then everything i tried to open or do pops up/works. I cant even log off until i unplug the sata cable.

5. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Sounds like the computer is trying to read a file system that is not there (I see it often with drives on the way out or a corrupt FAT).

Dosflash (in dos) any good?

6. Armadillo

United Kingdom
    Dosflash is no good for hitachi. Has to be done in windows.

7. Translucentbill
    OP

United States
    When i tried another SATA cable it showed the drive and during the dump it gave me some error then stopped working again :\

8. Armadillo

United Kingdom
    What sata chipset is it?. It aint a silicon image one is it?. They give nothing but grief with direct dump and the later hitachis.

9. Translucentbill
    OP

United States
    Its a VIA VT6421A

10. Armadillo

United Kingdom
    Searched, but can't really find any thing on it. That should be working, an odd post here and there with people having same issue but no real solutions.

Only thing I can suggest is try it doing it in safe mode or try different combos of switching drive,then pc on (drive on first, then pc, pc first, drive second, drive on once into windows etc). You also said it worked once. Could always try removing the sata drivers, then reinstalling, see if you can prod it into letting you do it once again.