Maximum Storage on EZFlash IV?

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by jesterscourt, Dec 4, 2010.

1. jesterscourt
    OP

jesterscourt Not Brad.

Jan 3, 2007
    United States
    Hello fellow tempers, I dug out my GBAM and my trusty EZFlashIV... I have a 2 GB MiniSD in it, and it got me to thinking... How big of a capacity is supported? I have found 4 GB MiniSD cards, but those are MiniSDHC. With MiniSD adapters, could I go up to 8, 16, or even 32 GB MicroSD -> MiniSD?

Thanks.

2. Krestent

Krestent What to post?

Mar 31, 2009
    United States
    IIRC, they don't support SDHC. I don't even think it was around when that cart was made.

3. GreatCrippler

GreatCrippler Greatness Fallen

Mar 27, 2010
    United States
    2 gig mostly... Does not support SDHC. You can find a 4 gig SD, but will cost a bit more. I use a 2 gig in mine.

4. Minox

Minox Spytech Employee

Supervisor
    Aug 27, 2007
    4GB is possible if you would happen to find a non-SDHC miniSD.

5. Pliskron

Pliskron Banned

Banned
    Jul 22, 2009
    United States
    I have a 4GB in mine if you do find a nonsdhc you have to format it to fat using command line.

6. jesterscourt
    OP

jesterscourt Not Brad.

Jan 3, 2007
    United States
    Thanks guys, I knew this was the place to go. Now the hunt for the elusive non-SDHC miniSD.

7. venusinfurs

venusinfurs Newbie

Newcomer
    May 29, 2009
    Pliskron, please can you let me know what make and model 4GB non-SDHC miniSD card you have, and where you got it. I looked for 4GB non-SDHC miniSD cards in 2008, but gave up in the end, and settled for a 2GB Transcend miniSD card.

8. overdriver

overdriver Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 27, 2010
    United States
    actually microSD to miniSD adapter is better to remove microSD. miniSD is pain to pull out.. I don't know who design this but miniSD is hard to remove... and hard to shop, too [​IMG]