Max Operating Temperature Of Radeon HD 7000 Series?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by Dradynosagequa, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Dradynosagequa
    OP

Dradynosagequa Member

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2013
    Canada
    Anon
    For some reason, this information seem rather difficult to acquire. There's not even an exact figure on AMD's product page. Does anyone have any information on this? Or even any personal experience about that these cards can take in terms of temperatures.

My card is a Radeon HD 7790 btw. Factory OCed. The card runs great so far, but coming from an Nvidia card, I'm not sure what temps to look for.

2. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    GPU's used to run hotter then CPU's

Just keep the temps below 70 and you're fine.

3. ilman

ilman Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser

Jul 25, 2010
    Shibuya
    I had a 7610m, which, after testing (don't ask why), shut itself down upoin reaching 100 degrees Celsius. Since that's a laptop GPU, yours should be able to withstand even bigger temps than that one. But, as Dinoh said, try to keep it below 70.

4. trumpet-205

trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

Jan 14, 2009
    United States
    Don't let it hit past 80C.

5. aiat_gamer

aiat_gamer GBAtemp Fan

May 1, 2008
    Iran
    Why do people keep obsessing about this? Just leave it be, if the temperature goes to dangerous levels you would know (Your pc would shut down) and then you can worry about it!

6. trumpet-205

trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

Jan 14, 2009
    United States
    If you overclock, you would care about temperature. One to make sure not to overheat, and two to keep voltage bumping as low as possible. By keeping temperature low, you can use less voltage bump while overclock, which in turn reduce the rate of electromigration. Faster the rate of electromigration, shorter the lifespan your CPU/GPU has.

Actually I'd be very worry at 100C. No way any consumer chip can withstand 100C. 90C is really the max before chip starts to suffer permanent damage.