Max # of ISOs for isoMENU

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by VashTS, Nov 4, 2015.

1. VashTS
    OP

VashTS Beat it, son

GBAtemp Patron
    VashTS is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    anyone know the max?

I'm tired of using DVDmenu with its 99 limit, but it seems isoMENU just says "Invalid Game ISO" when I try with all my games. I sorted them alphabetically by folder with less than 100 per folder, I have a total of 244 over 3 folders.

The Xkey does take the update properly - I verified this by changing MENUISO and MENUDVD to both N and it did not indicate invalid game iso. Changing just MENUISO to Y gives the error.

I may try taking files out of the games folder and see if I can find the limit, but I'm assuming there is a limit on MENUISO games.

EDIT: Still testing but its somewhere between 185 and 198, just gotta keep taking 1 away until it works.

Got tired of removing 1 and nothing, now between 190 and 196 :)

FINAL ANSWER : 190 is MenuISO limit. Better than DVDMenu I suppose, but still lame design on behalf of the Xkey team.

OKKKKKKAAAYYYYY...I just re-organized by games and ensured there is 190...same error. WTF 0_o

EDIT: Narrowed down to possible ISO issue - got it down to 3 candidates....maybe its an ISO error?

FINAL EDIT: a bad ISO was causing this...*facepalm* I now have 243 games on my hdd and all is well.

Last edited by VashTS, Nov 4, 2015
  2. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Welp, you pretty much fixed it yourself ;p
    As far as I know, MenuISO doesn't have a limit, seeing a mate of mine has over or close to 200 games on his 2 TB and someone I know has 3 x 2 TB harddisks plugged into one Xkey.

Don't forget to patch each and every backup!

VashTS likes this.