Homebrew Mastershoes Emu Forwarder Collection: 2nd Edition

gameBro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I installed 2 forwarders, snes and mega drive, both didn´t work and my wii went back to its home screen.
So I removed them both and my wii crashed but didn´t brick.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No Problem at all.

Well, it works if you consider the fact that your playing all these emulators on your TV O.o Although I understand your point about the PC/Handhelds/Vectrex/Whateverelse being on a TV.. these are older works, and really I was trying to get a decent complete collection of emu forwarders together that followed a theme. I don't really see it as a "pity". On a side note, I chose that drawn TV because it looks just like the one I grew up with. :)

Well, if your not a fan, don't use them, or edit them, what can i say? TBH, if i were to make these today, I wouldn't have put my name on the background.. These were made shortly after i got into the scene, and I guess I was trying to make a name for myself in a way. Also, where as i guess "technically" i didn't create this forwarder from scratch, both the .brlyt's, and .brlans have both been heavily edited with added animations, images and a lot more. I spent a lot of time with benzin on these, to the point where I almost feel like i did make it from scratch, so I actually kind of take offense to that (not much though, i'm pretty damn hard to offend, lol). And gathering and editing all the images, plus gathereing and cutting all the loops from scratch was pretty time consuming as well when you consider there's what like 40 different wads 30 something different systems? Not to mention compiling the .dol's (I use fix's sources and compile them myself, I don't use customizemii for that.) You make it sound so easy. Gettin' that animation for the "knob" timed just right was a pain in the ass!

You said thanks for the work, but then all you had was negative comments. :(

That's a bummer. That's when you feel like all the work you put in to making nice stuff for other people is almost pointless. Whatever. Have a nice day anyway man.

Thanks man :) Not sure if the v11 posted in the OP here will or not, but I uploaded the v14 forwarders that will work both on the Wii and the WiiU with the following exceptions...

These will work fine on Wii, but will not work on (v)Wii:

o2em
wii64
wiiapple
wiisx
wiituka

It was meant to be constructive criticism. I really enjoy your work, thank you!
In NO WAY I am trying to offend you. Respect.

Reactions: mastershoes

xtopher

Trophies
XP
Country
Great job mates !!!
The forwarders work very well (your GenPlusGx* forwarder is the only one that works on my wii :o)
*For GameBro... Just rename the folder (in apps folder) from GenPlus-GX or GenPlus to GenPlusGX and it works (with the boot.dol "wii edition").

NB: A forwarder for Super Tux Wii and for Duck Hunt Wii would be awesome, because nobody have made it "well" before. Edit: No problem, I have made these two forwarders.

Thanks 4 all.

Respect.

LoggerMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, these are great. I installed all of the emulator one. Testing out some of the emulators themselves, not all of them are equal in terms of quality, but I like having them just because of your cool forwarders.

B.B.Link

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you click on a channel and press the + and - to surf channels it gives me a "the wii systen files are corrupted" message and I have to restart my wii.

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you click on a channel and press the + and - to surf channels it gives me a "the wii systen files are corrupted" message and I have to restart my wii.

It's an old issue. +,- scrolling won't work. I've tried a few different ways of trimming them down so that it would be possible, but it can't be fixed without making them a really shitty quality, and dropping a lot of the animation and the audio... so i never found it worth it to revamp it to make them crappier. It never really bothered me 'cuz i never use +,- to scroll through channels.

So in short, the issue won't be fixed with these particular forwarders, but like i said, if you don't use +,- scrolling there aren't any problems. If that's a feature that you can't live without, check out my updatedTroytheZombie forwarders, those can use +,- scrolling. The set isn't as complete, but i did make a significant amount of add-ons to Troy's original set. Link is in my sig.

mastershoes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do these forwarders work with 3TB drives and larger with non-512 byte sectors?

Hey man,

Here's a link to this set folder using Fix's v14 source. http://www.mediafire.com/?2mx0diaqm2l6m

As far as I know, these (with v14 source) should work with 3TB drives, but I don't have one to test. If you could test and report back, that would be great! :)

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man,

Here's a link to this set folder using Fix's v14 source. http://www.mediafire.com/?2mx0diaqm2l6m

As far as I know, these (with v14 source) should work with 3TB drives, but I don't have one to test. If you could test and report back, that would be great! :)
Fantastic - thanks!

I will check and report back.

Appreciate the note back.

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking for a working Pirate Channel forwarder that takes you to the HBC.

All of the ones I've tried boot back to the main Wii menu, so I think they're for older HBC versions.

Is there one for HBC v1.1.2 or can one be made??

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
T'sup bostonBC, did the forwarders work with your 3TB HDD? Curious since I don't have a 3TB HDD to test either.
Most did with the exception of the N64 emulator channel. That blew up every time I tried to load an N64 from a 3TB or 4TB drive. I am swamped this week with work but will reply with complete details of what I tested and what worked later this week/weekend.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so here is what I tested and what I found works with my 3TB and 4TB drive (formatted as a single partition with FAT32).

I only tested the non-PAL ones.

Forwarder name Forwarder works? Channel loads games? Channel plays games
vbaGX -----------------Yes ----------------------Yes -------------------------Yes
GenPlusGX -----------Yes --------------------- Yes ---------------------- Yes
FceuGX ---------------Yes --------------------- Yes ----------------------Yes
Snes9xGX ------------Yes --------------------- Yes ----------------------Yes
DeSmuMeWii ---------Yes ----------------------No ------------------------No
Wii64 -------------------Yes -------------------- Yes -----------------------No
Hugo-GX v14 --------- No ---------------------- No ---------------------- No
Hugo-GX SF -----------No -----------------------No ----------------------No

The N64 emulator I am using is the latest Not64 Beta 1.1 'Honey' version. The forwarder works and loads the channel, it can load games but it blows up with a code dump in some games which is not seen running from a 2TB drive or SD card.

The DeSmuMeWii forwarder loads the channel and it can run games from SD but it fails when trying to load the games from the 3 or 4 TB drives (hangs system).

Both of the Hugo forwarders fail. You can load the channel from HBC but it doesn't recognize a 3 or 4TB drive at all. The SF forwarder fails to see the apps folder on the 3 or 4TB drive. If you put the app on SD it give an error and reboots. The v14 forwarder causes the 3 and 4TB drives to be reset and then returns to the main channel menu.

Both my 3 and 4TB drives are Seagates. The 3TB is an Expansion drive and the 4TB is Backup Plus version.

Reactions: mastershoes

Tij

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Hugo-gx v14 code dumps for me on exiting app. Also, I was wondering if there is a working not64 forwarder?

mastershoes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Hugo-gx v14 code dumps for me on exiting app. Also, I was wondering if there is a working not64 forwarder?

Use the exit option "System Reboot" instead of "Return to Loader" that should solve your problem with Hugo-GX.

As for not64, i don't have one in the set, but i can put one together relatively quick using the same forwarder as wii64 (just a new dol and channel title & id). If you're interested i can put one together for ya, lemme know.

Reactions: Tij

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.