Massive fights at PS3 Japan launch!

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by lookout, Nov 13, 2006.

Nov 13, 2006
  1. lookout
    OP

Member lookout GBAtemp Board Room

United Kingdom

There a report from japan: 3 people was send to hospital after been pushing and squash [​IMG]
    unlucky people after lin-up for hour or days...

My mate told me in japan, people line-up for hours and end up pee his self and even they pee in a bottle or somethings? [​IMG]
    ( use a toilet before leaving your house )

2. fischju_original

Banned fischju_original I used to be a jerk before i got banned

United States
    1. no sound or is it me?
    2. haha
    3. i saw one blond haired guy
    4. None of them can afford food for the next week now

3. x_comp

Member x_comp GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    You know, I mostly order my stuff on the internet so even if I lived in Japan, I would just pre-order this kind of stuff the same way. These long hours of queuing could mean you meet some new friends, though!

Oh well, at least the chaos isn't as bad as when two big name football teams clash over here in the UK [​IMG]

4. lookout
    OP

United Kingdom
    Japan has limit of pre-order console - if your lucky...

5. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    Pre-ordering it online sounds so 'safe' if that's what queing is like in japan. [​IMG]

@ fischju: Must be you.

6. lookout
    OP

United Kingdom
  7. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States
    That was some nice disassembling of the PS3. Wonder if they ever got it put back together...

8. Tamyu

Member Tamyu GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    I didn`t hear about even one fight on the news or through 2ch... Just too many people crowding into too small a place and injuries from that. No actual fights.
    Funny thing is, there have been estimates by various news stations that over half of the PS3s were bought by resellers to sell via auction or overseas. Even the first buyer is supposedly a reseller from China.
    Anyone who really wanted it reserved it at small shops months and months ago - our local store was taking reservations from 4 months ago, and only the first so many people got to get one.

I am really disappointed with the PS3. Weird as it sounds, the controller is too light... It really showed me the importance of having vibration. It feels like I`m holding an empty plastic shell in my hands... And although it`s great that the graphics are pretty and high definition and all, they look like prettily printed paper models. I can`t really explain it, but everything seems hollow. With the high definition, you can see the edges of the pieces of ingame models. And that`s not even mentioning the amount of slowdown in the games and the lack of support for just about any PS2 game we have. [​IMG]

I have yet to actually try the Wii, but the PS3 is not what we hoped for.

9. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    I saw the ebay sale for a PS3 on ebay. It's mad. It's going for over £1000. I think I'll buy one in Hong Kong.... IF I can actually get one and sell it.