Massive Fallout: New Vegas mod, New California, out after 7 years of work

While Bethesda’s Fallout 76 is out soon, with its wacky online playground and player-based interactions, older fans might not be content, and instead wish for the older story-based RPG that Fallout used to be 20 years ago. If you’ve been waiting for something akin to that, you no longer need to bide your time, thanks to the efforts of a modding team. Radian-Helix has released a gigantic mod pack for Fallout: New Vegas, which took seven years to create. Titled Fallout: New California, it takes place as a sequel to Fallout 2 and prequel to New Vegas and offers a 15 hour main campaign. A brand new custom map was also created for the mod, and is about 2/3 the size of the original New Vegas game’s map. Not only that, but over 60 amateur voice actors came together to voice nearly 15,000 lines of dialogue for the 48 quests within the story. Special art was also drawn to look very similar to older official drawings, along with character meshes and models, showing just how much work went into this project. As of October 23, the first version of the mod was released to the public, which you can check out over on mod.db, along with the team’s list of recommended mods and tweaks to install alongside. Since this is an unofficial game, you’ll need a copy of Fallout: New Vegas (GOG patched version preferable) to install the mod pack over and you’ll be ready to go.

:download: Source
:arrow: Recommended Modpack List

D

Deleted User

I guess it's time to reinstall New Vegas again.. Hopefully this mod isn't as big of a download as I think it'll be.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hopefully this brings back some of the magic of what Fallout 3 could have been had it not been bought by Bethesda. Fallout 3's code is so poor that it can't even boot on modern OS's, while other games of its time run just fine.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My oldest son may be interested in this but we have the Steam version not GOG. Anyone know if it will work?

player594

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed it and tried to play but it said I was missing like 7 DLC files. So I said screw it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully this brings back some of the magic of what Fallout 3 could have been had it not been bought by Bethesda. Fallout 3's code is so poor that it can't even boot on modern OS's, while other games of its time run just fine.
It’s really not that hard to get the game working. Just apply a patch, and boom, done, working. I play it on a modern machien at max settings just fine. Also, Fallout 3 = best Fallout.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol