Mass Effect

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by aslacker55, Nov 12, 2007.

Nov 12, 2007

Mass Effect by aslacker55 at 1:41 AM (1,819 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. aslacker55
    OP

Member aslacker55 I like pie

United States
    Mass Effect (Mass_Effect_USA_XBOX360-PROTOCOL) for the xbox 360 has been released on the usenet.

Filename: ptc-me

Region Free

Man, there are just so many great games coming out right now. I just got Assassin's Creed last night and now this. It's a great time to be a 360 owner. [​IMG]

2. cubin'

Member cubin' GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    [​IMG] best rpg ever? perhaps!

3. martin88

Member martin88 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Wow...so many games to play.

Still gotta finish Call of Duty 4 and Assassin's Creed before I can play this.

Never had so many choices when it comes to gaming...glad I have a XBox 360. [​IMG]

4. Foxstar

Member Foxstar GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Do you people think that the Asian one would be region free too? I'm so tempted to import it for cheap, the same with Assassins Creed but i need confirmation on region free before i do. If i wait untill the game is announced region free though than the prices go up by about $20 [​IMG].

Hmm, im actually tempted to flash my 360 now, for you people who have, do you play much online. I play a fair bit online so i dont know if it is worth the risk of being banned. Is there a way to easily reflash the 360 back to normal firmware to play online, or do you have to pull apart the 360 again.

Cheers.

5. QuantumFluxx

Member QuantumFluxx GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    How safe it is to play the burned games online is anyone's guess. I've been playing games since Halo 3 online through matchmaking and everything else and its now middle of november with no ban yet.

And the quickest way to reflash the Xbox 360 firmware is using one of those attatchments you can buy which goes in front of the hard drive filling in the gap between that and the front of your xbox console. You just plug your SATA cable from computer into that and you should be good to go. After you set it all up theres no reason to take apart your 360 again. I myself don't have this as I'd rather not be lazy and save the money for something else.

But on the topic of Mass Effect, I cant wait to try this. I thought I had seen that the game was supposed to be 4 dvd's long though. I guess that was a false statement by the gaming blog I frequent. Not complaining though, wasn't looking forward to downloading 40gb. My ISP might not have understood the reason [​IMG]

But damn its a nice time to own a 360. Nice time to be a gamer in general. When summer months start rolling around again it's going to feel dead compared to this constant stream of AAA titles we've been getting since Bioshock and Metroid Prime Corruption back at the end of August.

6. Marxian

Newcomer Marxian Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I am surprised at how little activity there is in this thread. I have chosen to play this game over Assasins Creed and I am very impressed with it. The feeling of taking part in a Sci-Fi epic is spot on. There is so much attention to detail and even the combat is pretty good, thought not quite up to the standards of Halo 3 and Gears of War.

It's early days but this could quite easily be my game of the year.

7. BoneMonkey

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

United States
    i dont think mass effect is offically out yet only the bootleg

8. MC DUI

Member MC DUI GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    Your point being?

People on this forum are going to discuss pirated games I think your going to have to get used to that.

9. MaHe

Member MaHe one lazy schmo

Slovenia
    I have downloaded this days ago, but still need to finish Assassin's Creed. [​IMG]

10. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    I'd be all over this thread if my 360 wasn't in limbo. Hopin to get home to a new core tonight so will grab this very very soon!

11. Jax

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
    "Ready for Round 2?"

12. lastdual

lastdual Newbie

I'm really looking forward to this one, although I'm picking up Uncharted today and that looks good as well. Too many big games this month, still need to finish my review for Galaxy....

Speaking of BioWare, I can't wait to see that Sonic RPG that they've got in the works for the DS. Let's hope it takes a darker tone like the classic Sat AM series.

13. nloding

Member nloding GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I was let down by the Assassins Creed storyline (why the weird modern memory thing?), but the gameplay and graphics are amazing.

I've heard nothing but amazing things about Mass Effect from Gamespot -- can't wait -- this'll be my weekend download!

14. xflash

Member xflash Local Ninja

Norway
    indeed mass effect is possibily the best rpg i'v ever played (and i'v played allot. trust me) so far the story is just great and there is so much side quests that i'v only just started the story (completed the two first planets you travel to after you become a specter) and yet i'v played for like 16 hours

note: i got it yesterday (gotta love being a game reviewer)

15. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    EB Games started selling Mass Effect early in Australia. All the stores broke the date and sold it starting this wednesday. I unfortunately ordered my copy online so I don't have it yet. But I saw it in the store though....so very tempting...