Mass Effect Trilogy listed on retailer site, gets quickly removed

599EB785-BD06-4292-8E46-11CD8087F6C3.jpeg

If there was one game with a reveal hinted at more than Super Mario 3D All Stars, then that game would be the heavily rumored Mass Effect Trilogy. Industry insiders have claimed that BioWare would be bringing its space RPG series to the current generation of platforms, including the Nintendo Switch. The rumor began to gain more traction today, with the reveal of a Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase, along with a Portuguese retailer listing the game before quickly removing it after being noticed.

Bafflingly, the three Mass Effect titles were rated at PEGI 18+, a higher rating than their original releases, which were PEGI 16. The boxart shown on the store, GamingReplay, used a placeholder image, which featured a new logo that hasn’t been used before. The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of the game were priced at €59.99, while the Switch version will supposedly be priced at a lower €49.99.

:arrow: Source

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
whoo and I wondered 10 days ago why they weren't making the trilogy on current gen so I can play them without digging out my old consoles. (I played only the first one so far, I would have to replay it)
Someone is listening to my conversation with my friends... frightening

A little expansive though, for just a re-edition. that's not like they coded the game from scratch and took years of work.

Last edited by Cyan,

Kraken_X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamepass already have the separate games I think but this is nice but the $50-$60 price is a no go

That price is reasonable given how long and how good each game is. Additionally, there is no other way to play Mass Effect 1 at 1080p+ with a controller right now (without messing with mods). Hoping this either comes to PC or is 4k on the PS4 Pro and XboneX.

Reactions: Megadriver94

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a game...on the switch...that is cheaper instead of more expensive then it's ps4/xb1 counter part? ea, the usual switch tax goes the other way around, this seems so much unlike you

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
"Wait how'd they fit 3 mass effect games on one Cartridge?" is what I thought before realizing Mass Effect released on the 360 also.
Mass Effect 2 is something like 16GB with all the DLC. Mass Effect 3 with all the DLCs is 21ish GBs. If they're releasing this on the Switch, it's definitely not going to all be on one cartridge, you're 100% going to have to download, at the very least, the third game if they opt to use a 32GB cart (since the first game is ~10GB with everything installed), and probably more if they're cheapo and opt for 16GB instead (which is basically inevitable).

As to the news, it would be nice if Bioware would just go and confirm it already :lol: I don't really care about a trilogy package being released myself, already own all the games on PC so it'd be pretty useless to me, and I'd rather they either make another ME (that's not Andromeda related :lol:) or simply keep working on the new Dragon Age, but hey more people experiencing the series is nice. Despite all the crying about the ending of three, I loved each game so I'd definitely like more people to get a chance to play them.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Mass Effect 2 is something like 16GB with all the DLC. Mass Effect 3 with all the DLCs is 21ish GBs. If they're releasing this on the Switch, it's definitely not going to all be on one cartridge, you're 100% going to have to download, at the very least, the third game if they opt to use a 32GB cart (since the first game is ~10GB with everything installed), and probably more if they're cheapo and opt for 16GB instead (which is basically inevitable).

As to the news, it would be nice if Bioware would just go and confirm it already :lol: I don't really care about a trilogy package being released myself, already own all the games on PC so it'd be pretty useless to me, and I'd rather they either make another ME (that's not Andromeda related :lol:) or simply keep working on the new Dragon Age, but hey more people experiencing the series is nice. Despite all the crying about the ending of three, I loved each game so I'd definitely like more people to get a chance to play them.
So, the card is just a DRM dongle... I wonder if it would even contain Mass Effect 1.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
So, the card is just a DRM dongle... I wonder if it would even contain Mass Effect 1.
Shoving the first game on there is about as little as you should expect, they won't just give you an empty cartridge, but it's definitely not going to fit all three on one unless Nintendo finally gets their head out of their ass and release the 64GB cart that's been delayed for like 3 years now and EA, out of the goodness of their hearts, opts to use it.

...so probably not :P

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
whoo and I wondered 10 days ago why they weren't making the trilogy on current gen so I can play them without digging out my old consoles. (I played only the first one so far, I would have to replay it)
Someone is listening to my conversation with my friends... frightening

A little expansive though, for just a re-edition. that's not like they coded the game from scratch and took years of work.
Please talk about GameCube games coming to switch with your friends

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning