Mass Effect Trilogy coming to Xbox 360, PS3, PC

D

Deleted_171835

Gaming laptops are expensive and can't be held comfortably like a handheld. :/
...c'mon.

The laptop I'm using now cost me about 500 pounds and it plays contemporary games full-speed - you don't *need* a gaming laptop to play games.
Well you can't really lie down and hold a 5+ pound laptop into the air. Comfort factor in play there.

Playing games with this in bed,

xl_Wii_U_GamePad_13.jpg

>>>>>

Using this.

230124-alienware-m11x-core-i7.jpg

In fact, I have to say that off-screen play is one of the best things about the Wii U controller. I play on handhelds most of the time because of the convenience factor and having the option to play a full console game on the controller while lying in bed is really awesome.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In their defense, does anyone have faith of ME3 on the Wii U?

I do and I don't agree with you on this. I remember people having the same concerns when ME2 came to the PS3 a year after the 360 and PC versions came out. I know the PS3 version ran on an early version of the ME3 engine (or was it actually the ME3 engine? i'm not suire) but EA did make up the value of it by throwing in a good chunk of DLC for free and the comic to help new comers to the series.

But yes, most people who are fans of the series now have probably played them in some form one way or another

But on the flip side there are people out there who have not even touched a ME game, they may start with this and work there way back

but on a serious note, no, I don't think this will sell the numbers the previous 3 versions did

It's a game that's heavily dependent upon its successors

surely you mean predecessor?

I still have doubts on the PS3 version of ME2. Well, until i heard of this. Maybe I'm just a purist but if you want to play Mass Effect, you play them all. In order. Not counting spin offs.

And yes I meant predecessors, sorry. My brain farted.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I agree with what you are getting at, I mean the Phoenix Wright games in my opinion would seem lost to someone if they didn't start from the fist game due to the connecting plot lines, but it would never be enough to say you couldn't enjoy the game without playing the ones that went before it.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Batman: Arkham City?
In their defends, they didn't release collections of them on other consoles at a cheaper price or put a $60
price tag without adding the dlc with it.

They added all the dlc, very good game pad controls integration and noticeably up the look of the game.

If Mass Effect Trilogy have all the dlc added, it would be even a bigger kick to the one who were/are buying
for the Wii U.

1. Put laptop on laps - where it belongs.
2. Hold controller.
3. Profit. :D
...not as comfortable. ;o
Yeah, not even nearly and I can be comfortable in more positions then a laptop too.

Lurker2

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh was really hoping it would have the DLC included.
Most of Sony's collections are made up of remastered PS2 games. If you exclude those, almost all of the remaining collections, such as Killzone, inFamous, Uncharted, and God of War (even though it included a remaster of GoW1+2 on one disc), came on multiple discs.
Well actually I was wrong most Sony collections are multi disc(PS1, PS2, PS3) while third party collections are generally on a single disc unless size stops them. Regardless this is a third party company and you can't be absolutely certain if it will be on one disc, two or even three.

Lets just agree they can probably fit it on to one disc if they wanted to but might choose not to due to the amount of coding versus disc cost.

Reactions: Rasas

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Oh come on! No Wii U version!!! Give me this instead of ME3
Apparently adding tablet features to three games rather than just one, plus porting them over, was deemed not profitable in the long run.
Screw the tablet, just play with the regular controller and have a nice floating logo that says "Mass Effect" on the tablet screen, just for aesthetics!

I'd rather have that than nothing.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh come on! No Wii U version!!! Give me this instead of ME3
Apparently adding tablet features to three games rather than just one, plus porting them over, was deemed not profitable in the long run.
Screw the tablet, just play with the regular controller and have a nice floating logo that says "Mass Effect" on the tablet screen, just for aesthetics!

I'd rather have that than nothing.

Then people would complain about it not being "Wii U tailored" and the Wii U gang will end up being as whiny and bitchy as the PC crowd.

Reactions: 1 person

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this was asked already, but the trilogy will include the DLC's too?

It's unknown at this point and it most definitely won't include all the ME3 DLC. Only two of them are out (From Ashes which was launch and Leviathan which came out recently) and Omega is still being rumored/revealed. There's probably more after that too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters