Mass Effect Legendary Edition officially confirmed for Spring 2021, new game also in development

MassEffect-LE_Key-Art_16x9_RGB-1536x864.jpg

After months of speculation and rumors, Mass Effect fans have been treated to an N7 Day treat. Via the official BioWare blog, the company has confirmed that Mass Effect Legendary Edition will be coming to Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC in Spring of 2021. The collection will include the single player campaigns, DLC, and weapons and armor packs from the original trilogy. BioWare confirms that the anthology of games will all be optimized for 4K Ultra HD, and will have enhancements for the Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5. The team also released a short trailer for the game on their official Twitter page.

In a surprise additional announcement, BioWare also confirmed in the same blog that the next game in the Mass Effect series is also in development, under a "veteran team," though no other details are being made available at this time.

:arrow:Source

RyRyIV

Woke Clown
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't be more excited for this. I love the Mass Effect series, so I've been excitedly waiting for a remaster collection like this for a few years now. Now that I'm gaming on a PC too, this really couldn't come at a better time!

RyRyIV

Woke Clown
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Just to be clear, this is a collection of the first three games right? Either my reading comprehension is trash or its not explicitly stated.
Yes, it is a collection of the original trilogy. Though the BioWare blog post explicitly calls out "single player base content," which tells me that Mass Effect 3's multiplayer likely won't be available in the Legendary Edition. Which is a bit of a shame if true, I had a lot of fun with that.

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
I already have them all on my xbox one x. I was introduced to it on wii u because there was nothing there hehe I played it and finished it on wii u and then 1&2 on xbox one x.

Reactions: RyRyIV

RyRyIV

Woke Clown
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh nice! Hopefully character transfer between games will be simpler.
You just brought up flashbacks of moving my character from 2 to 3. I was able to get all of the actual data to transfer, but not my custom design. I had to go get the character code from ME2 and manually put it into 3 to get it over!

Reactions: RedoLane

proffk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Really looking forward go the trilogy. I hope the new ME is not like MEA which is a buggy mess and boring enemy.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried getting into this series, but I couldn't so this is a pass for me (not just since I have an exploitable ps4). ;)

MadMakuFuuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i've played the trilogy (yes, include me3) more than 10 times by now. my last 2 playtrhoughs are done 4 months ago (paragon male, renegade female) and im going to play again when legendary is out!

Okay but no switch release
i respect your opinion, but why? if someday this happening, is going to be a severe downgrade of the original anyways. or a direct port from OG trilogy.

Reactions: RyRyIV

RyRyIV

Woke Clown
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
i've played the trilogy (yes, include me3) more than 10 times by now. my last 2 playtrhoughs are done 4 months ago (paragon male, renegade female) and im going to play again when legendary is out!

i respect your opinion, but why? if someday this happening, is going to be a severe downgrade of the original anyways. or a direct port from OG trilogy.
I tried to do an OG trilogy replay last year, but I hit ME3 and just couldn’t get myself to play it. Not because I don’t like it, but because I hadn’t played it since release and I didn’t feel like spending $30 on the DLC to get the “full experience.” So I’m thrilled that Legendary will include all the DLC so I can finally experience the story in full

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.