Mass Effect Legendary Edition: is a remastered trilogy really coming?

2020-10-14-image-32-j.jpg

Several weeks ago, we were telling you about a possible leak on a retailer site announcing the release of a new title "Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered", sold for 60€ on PS4, Xbox One, and 50€ on the Nintendo Switch.

599EB785-BD06-4292-8E46-11CD8087F6C3.jpeg
At the time the rumor was quickly dismissed and never heard of again... until recently. Gematsu, a well known japanese video game news site, announces that the title received a rating in South Korea recently, not only confirming the rumor but also promising a release in the near future.
TechSpot said:
As reported by Gematsu today, something called the "Mass Effect Legendary Edition" has been officially rated in Korea.[...]The application for the rating appears to have been sent in on August 1. The rating process didn't complete until a little over two weeks later on August 17. Google Translate says the game received a rating of "Youth not available" (청소년이용불가), which we assume is the equivalent of the ESRB's Mature (17+) classification.
Are you excited about this? What would you expect of a remastered Mass Effect trilogy release?

:arrow: Source at TechSpot

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
That's great. Hopefully it does become true and leads to more ports from Bioware. I hope you can jump into ME3 via that DLC to set the decisions.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Have been thinking about replaying the game for years now... and then just held out waiting for this pack that never seems to come.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It must be fake, Switch versions are NEVER cheaper, they're usually more expensive :lol:

I've been selling my switch collection since I bought all of them digitally. it kinda presents a problem with mega man legacy collection and x legacy collection. I had already used the vouchers, so I essentially sold half a game. lol

Attila13

Praise the Creep!
Trophies
Website
gamesystemrequirements.com
XP
Country
Romania
Doubtful it's going to be a remaster. Probably going to be a re-issue collection for current gen sadly.
Exactly my thoughts...
But I do hope that, if there will be a re-release/remaster (or whatever to call it...), they give us the entire DLC content they released for the games....and not skimp on them like they did with the original trilogy released back in the day....

rehevkor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Great games, 2 especially. But I don't see myself playing these again, still bummed about the ending of 3.

Unless it comes with an announcement of Mass "Shepherd Lives" Effect 4.

Reactions: mightymuffy

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great games, 2 especially. But I don't see myself playing these again, still bummed about the ending of 3.

Unless it comes with an announcement of Mass "Shepherd Lives" Effect 4.

you pretty much ruined the trilogy for anyone who hasn't played it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse