'Mass Effect Legendary Edition' gets official side-by-side comparison trailer

ME LE.JPG

Launching in about a month on May 14th, Mass Effect Legendary Edition will include iconic Mass Effect titles with overhauled visuals ready for new systems. But how much of an overhaul? Well, now you can judge by yourself thanks to the official side-by-side comparison trailer released today showcasing improved particle effects, enhanced textures and more.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition launches May 14 on Origin, Steam, PlayStation4, and Xbox One with forward compatibility and targeted enhancements on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation5.

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I - uh. Geez. I honestly prefer the original. The lighting and color grading is more interesting and enhances the mood/atmosphere really well. The remake has more realistic lighting, but it just looks... flat and generic. At least they updated the character models and textures, that part looks better.

Last edited by Seliph,

RyRyIV

Primitive Screwhead
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You know, as much as I enjoy seeing an update to Mass Effect's graphics, I'm disappointed at just how dull everything looks. So much color has been lost that it's hard to enjoy the beauty of the new graphics. That's unfortunate.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I like how this is clearly much more than just a texture update, they are actually really putting work on the engine and making the cohesive experience Mass Effect always deserved,

For those complaining about the graphics being sterile, there will 100% be a ReShade made on Day 0 to bring it back to exactly the way you guys want, so no worries there.

renatotec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Made me want to play the trilogy again. But I will not pay what they are charging for a remaster. I've already downloaded the 3 games on ps3, and the graphic is good enough for my taste

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
In the majority of the comparisons, I thought the original looked better. By a lot. Sometimes the new textures were nice, but at 1:11 in the video... unnecessary boob-clothing-texture whatever it'd be called. The original looked natural, the remake looks like a fan wanting to sexify some more by having the latex-suit look and over-use of cloth folds in the texture that just look silly. that 1:11 part *really* annyoed me actually >_>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: