Mass Effect: coming to a theater near you!

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Guild McCommunist, May 25, 2010.

1. Guild McCommunist
    OP

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    Source

One can only hope they do this as well as the games. I love Mass Effect's galaxy and storylines.

2. Jolan

Jolan Unlimited Bear Works

Mar 20, 2010
    Netherlands, currently
    UUUUUUHOOOH.
    I think I just nerdgasmed.

3. Blaze163

Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

Nov 19, 2008
    Coventry, UK
    What incredibly fortuitous timing, I finished Mass Effect 2 not two hours ago. Unfortunately I made the mistake of letting Zaeed take control of the fire team so Tali took a grenade to the face (especially painful considering I was planning on nailing her after the credits) so I'm gonna have to play through the entire thing again to set up my Mass Effect 3 save.

Here's hoping that Uwe Boll is kept at least a billion miles away from this. Then shot, stabbed, poisoned, hung, drawn, quartered, castrated with a rusty bread knife and thrown in the moat.

4. B-Blue

B-Blue im a slut

GBAtemp Patron
    B-Blue is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2006
    I meh'd.

5. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    wonder how bad they are going to screw up the movie

/looks at every other game to movie

6. Guild McCommunist
    OP

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    Most other games to movies are just shitty games to adapt. Like is there any plot to goddamn Street Fighter?

Not to mention it's got a decent looking team behind this one and Mass Effect was already a rich storytelling game.

...But, in all reality, I'd rather just prefer a Mass Effect 3 with fucking a bagillion hours of cutscenes like Metal Gear Solid 4 and call that a "movie". I just want goddamn Mass Effect 3.

7. Jolan

Jolan Unlimited Bear Works

Mar 20, 2010
    Netherlands, currently
    I also pray that they don't have the Romance subplot, because that would definitely turn off a lot of people.

8. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    it should show how the game is played rather than something sidelined... it would make the game very famous just like i think Forgotten sands will to the series (though in PoP case, the game is going to sell the movie)

9. Law

Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

Aug 14, 2007
    ‭jerkland
    Wouldn't it be better if he was castrated with a rusty bread knife first? You know, just in case those other things kill him before they get around to the castration.