Mass Effect 3 Wii U Details, off-screen mode available

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by soulx, Aug 3, 2012.

1. soulx
    OP

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada

- Included is a new version of the “Genesis” interactive graphic novel by Dark Horse Comics
    - Recap included with the events of both Mass Effect 1 and Mass Effect 2
    - Exclusive heavy weapon: M-597 Ladon, can target up to six enemies simultaneously. After targeting, it unleashes a barrage of homing rockets once you pull the right trigger
    - Enemies are marked in red on the HUD
    - Weapon wheel on controller encompasses all of the abilities you and your two squad mates can activate during battle into a customizable set of eight hotkey
    - Four hotkeys are on each side of the touchscreen
    - Map is included on the GamePad, can be enlarged or moved by dragging fingers on controller
    - Includes the Extended Cut DLC and multiplayer
    - Offscreen mode available

http://gotgame.com/2...ii-u-interview/

Video of off-screen mode at the source, check the 5:30 mark.

While I still don't understand why EA didn't just include Mass Effect 2, at least there's a recap for people who haven't played 1 or 2 (or played it on a different console and want to have their choices shown in-game). Off-screen mode looks great, though and was pretty much instantaneous after he pressed the Home button. Map and hotkeys on the controller should be nice, too.

2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Does it include From Ashes?

Either way it still feels like it'll be highly inferior without being able to play/transfer from ME and ME2.

3. soulx
    OP

Canada
    Doesn't say, only that it has Extended Cut and most DLC including "Earth". Knowing EA, they'll probably charge money for that.

At least you'll be able to choose all the decisions so it should be the same. Although EA should really have included ME2 or at least an option to transfer your save file.

4. The Milkman

Member The Milkman GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman

United States
    Looks good, hopefully ill be able to see what my friends have been going on about with this game.

5. Clarky

Member Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

United States
    Do agree with Soulx that EA could have chucked in ME2 and have that running on the ME3 engine like the PS3 version and rename it Mass Effect Collection or whatever but it does sound like Bioware are putting in a good effort for the Wii-U version, will stick to the pc one though

6. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    Yeah,tbh, I thought they was just simply porting it over. Well, at least they updated the comics.

7. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    While they're updating the comic, I don't think that's going to be enough to really get new players hooked.

8. soulx
    OP

Canada
    Game-pad transition...in gif form for some reason.

[​IMG]

Transition is very nice and quick.

9. The Milkman

United States
    No video?

10. soulx
    OP

Canada
    I hear reading the first post in threads is the new hip thing these days.

1 person likes this.
  11. The Milkman
    This message by The Milkman has been removed from public view by a moderator, Dec 8, 2016.
    Aug 4, 2012
  12. soulx
    This message by soulx has been removed from public view by a moderator, Dec 8, 2016.
    Aug 4, 2012
  13. The Milkman
    This message by The Milkman has been removed from public view by a moderator, Dec 8, 2016.
    Aug 4, 2012
  14. soulx
    This message by soulx has been removed from public view by a moderator, Dec 8, 2016.
    Aug 4, 2012
  15. KingVamp

United States
    Ok, there is a video posted in the thread. This "argument" doesn't seem necessary.

16. The Milkman
    Aug 4, 2012
  17. soulx
    Aug 4, 2012
  18. The Milkman
    Aug 4, 2012
  19. soulx
    Aug 4, 2012
  20. Hyro-Sama

Member Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Japan
    Can't we all just get along?

21. The Milkman
    Aug 4, 2012
  22. soulx
    OP

Canada
  23. The Milkman
    Aug 4, 2012
  24. soulx
    Aug 4, 2012
  25. The Milkman
    Aug 4, 2012
  26. KingVamp

United States
    Oh gees...

Anyway, in op video, she said they got a 3rd party that "knew Nintendo".
    Would they really need to know Nintendo to come up with these features?

27. soulx
    Aug 4, 2012
  28. The Milkman
    Aug 4, 2012
  29. soulx
    Aug 4, 2012
  30. The Milkman
    Aug 4, 2012
  31. soulx
    OP

Canada
    Another interview.
    http://www.gamesrada...ideo-interview/

And if you respond, take it to PMs. Enough shitting up this thread.Edit: I'm not even going to bother. If you want to argue further, take it to PMs like I said.

32. The Milkman
    Aug 4, 2012
  33. NightsOwl

Member NightsOwl Pays For Avatar Art (For some reason)

United States
    No offense or anything. But you're just fueling the fire. Just drop it. Who the hell cares if he didn't put a video. The gif was to the point and simple. And before you flame me, don't. I wont reply. You'll be wasting your time.

ON TOPIC.
    While I've never played Mass Effect, I really couldn't care much about carrying over choices or anything like that. I'm sure it doesn't change the whole game. Just tid bits.

34. The Milkman

United States
    Yeah, Im aware I was fanning the flames and like I said, I actually liked the gif. I simply asked why he didn't post a video as to a gif and he gave me his usual snappy response, thats why I started this. I never indicated that I cared about the video. And why would I flame you for telling the truth? In fact, it would have been better for you to just report the argument rather then post this and risk getting into something that has nothing to do with you. Oh, and no offense taken ^_^

35. ferofax

Member ferofax End of the World

Philippines
    Half of the thread did not make sense.