Mass Effect 3 Wii U Details, off-screen mode available

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 2,795
  • Replies 17
D

Deleted_171835

OP

- Included is a new version of the “Genesis” interactive graphic novel by Dark Horse Comics
- Recap included with the events of both Mass Effect 1 and Mass Effect 2
- Exclusive heavy weapon: M-597 Ladon, can target up to six enemies simultaneously. After targeting, it unleashes a barrage of homing rockets once you pull the right trigger
- Enemies are marked in red on the HUD
- Weapon wheel on controller encompasses all of the abilities you and your two squad mates can activate during battle into a customizable set of eight hotkey
- Four hotkeys are on each side of the touchscreen
- Map is included on the GamePad, can be enlarged or moved by dragging fingers on controller
- Includes the Extended Cut DLC and multiplayer
- Offscreen mode available

http://gotgame.com/2...ii-u-interview/

Video of off-screen mode at the source, check the 5:30 mark.

While I still don't understand why EA didn't just include Mass Effect 2, at least there's a recap for people who haven't played 1 or 2 (or played it on a different console and want to have their choices shown in-game). Off-screen mode looks great, though and was pretty much instantaneous after he pressed the Home button. Map and hotkeys on the controller should be nice, too.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Does it include From Ashes?

Either way it still feels like it'll be highly inferior without being able to play/transfer from ME and ME2.
Doesn't say, only that it has Extended Cut and most DLC including "Earth". Knowing EA, they'll probably charge money for that.

At least you'll be able to choose all the decisions so it should be the same. Although EA should really have included ME2 or at least an option to transfer your save file.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do agree with Soulx that EA could have chucked in ME2 and have that running on the ME3 engine like the PS3 version and rename it Mass Effect Collection or whatever but it does sound like Bioware are putting in a good effort for the Wii-U version, will stick to the pc one though

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do agree with Soulx that EA could have chucked in ME2 and have that running on the ME3 engine like the PS3 version and rename it Mass Effect Collection or whatever but it does sound like Bioware are putting in a good effort for the Wii-U version, will stick to the pc one though
Yeah,tbh, I thought they was just simply porting it over. Well, at least they updated the comics.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While they're updating the comic, I don't think that's going to be enough to really get new players hooked.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Game-pad transition...in gif form for some reason.

me3_wiiu5zsl3.gif

Transition is very nice and quick.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh gees...

Anyway, in op video, she said they got a 3rd party that "knew Nintendo".
Would they really need to know Nintendo to come up with these features?

NightsOwl

Pays For Avatar Art (For some reason)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No offense or anything. But you're just fueling the fire. Just drop it. Who the hell cares if he didn't put a video. The gif was to the point and simple. And before you flame me, don't. I wont reply. You'll be wasting your time.

ON TOPIC.
While I've never played Mass Effect, I really couldn't care much about carrying over choices or anything like that. I'm sure it doesn't change the whole game. Just tid bits.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No offense or anything. But you're just fueling the fire. Just drop it. Who the hell cares if he
didn't put a video. The gif was to the point and simple. And before you flame me, don't. I wont reply. You'll be wasting your time.

ON TOPIC.
While I've never played Mass Effect, I really couldn't care much about carrying over choices or anything like that. I'm sure it doesn't change the whole game. Just tid bits.

Yeah, Im aware I was fanning the flames and like I said, I actually liked the gif. I simply asked why he didn't post a video as to a gif and he gave me his usual snappy response, thats why I started this. I never indicated that I cared about the video. And why would I flame you for telling the truth? In fact, it would have been better for you to just report the argument rather then post this and risk getting into something that has nothing to do with you. Oh, and no offense taken ^_^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm