Mass Effect 3 Special Edition Wii U in includes DLC

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hyro-Sama, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Hyro-Sama
    OP

Member Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Japan
    A blog post on BioWare's Official Website states that Mass Effect 3 for the Wii U will include the following on-disc DLC.
    • From Ashes DLC,
    • the Extended Cut DLC,
    • the Rebellion, Resurgence and Earth multiplayer packs]
    • a bonus heavy weapon
    Furthermore, the game is said to be fully playable from the Wii U's gamepad. BioWare is also including an updated version of the Genesis Interactive story for new Wii U players to get caught up on the series.

:arrow: BioWare's Official Blog

2. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Throw in the first two games, and you might actually have something there.

3. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Yeah, this was said a while back.

Still shitty that they're releasing Trilogy on everything else and they continue with this version even though EA themselves say they don't expect it to do well. It's like they want it to fail so they have an excuse to not support the Wii U.

4. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    Anyone else reckon this will be dead on arrival because of the compilation? Like how MGS 3D suffered because of the HD version,

Guild McCommunist likes this.
  5. chavosaur

Reporter chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip
    United States
    You'd have to be one die hard Mass effect fan to buy this when the trilogy is coming out so soon.
    It just doesn't make sense to purchase it at all.

6. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    Well I'll probably get the Wii U version. I'm playing through the first two on my PC and will get the Wii U version for Off-TV play (aka bathroom play).

7. Qtis

Member Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Antarctica
    And knowing Mass Effect, you'll probably only get to make the around 20 decisions on the Wii U version in the beginning and basically ruining all that you've built till the third game (if you finished the first two games by then). Sure lets all buy the WiiU version. I'm actually wondering why the ps3 version is even worth the effort since there are tons of sections that can't be played as the 360/PC versions because of missing choices in the first game.

And yes. I have the first one for the PC and the second two for the PS3. Actually ME2 is the only game for which I've so far bought on the PS3. 'Nuff said.

EDIT: ps. Most of the DLC is/was available for free since launch or after it :/
    EDIT2: I take that back. Apparently the trilogy is being released for the PS3 as a whole. Now if the WiiU version would be released on top of that, the complete experience could be gotten from all platforms.