KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mass-Effect-3-Logo.jpg

Are you in the section of the masses who just doesn't care about the wii u not having the first two games and will gladly enjoy Mass Effect 3 on the system? Well here is even more good news for you.

“The extended ending is basically going to be part of the game instead. You won’t have to download it.”
:arrow:Source

D

Deleted_171835

It better have comics for ME1 and ME2 (like the PS3 version of ME2 did).

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still....who would really want to just play 3 without the others. You could possibly not play 1 and get away with it, but 2 was pretty much the direct lead-up.

It'd be like watching The final episode of Lost without seeing the rest, you'll be confused as hell and cheating yourself

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Still....who would really want to just play 3 without the others. You could possibly not play 1 and get away with it, but 2 was pretty much the direct lead-up.

It'd be like watching The final episode of Lost without seeing the rest, you'll be confused as hell and cheating yourself
I'm pretty sure anyone who would buy this would have played the first 2.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm pretty sure anyone who would buy this would have played the first 2.

I guess yeah. Though it'd feel pretty empty to me not feeling like I had any direct part in any of the events leading up to 3.

On the other hand, it WOULD be pretty cool if Nintendo could somehow get the trilogy on Wii U. Damn Microsoft for having exclusivity over 1

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

What? Anybody who watched every episode of that show would still end up confused as hell.

Reactions: 3 people

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What? Anybody who watched every episode of that show would still end up confused as hell.

True :P, but there was still that emotional attachment. Plus the fact you had been watching it for years and knew it was the end

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This seems more like common sense than actual news.
They'd be morons to not include it on-disk.

I could see people buying ME3 for the wii u without any prior knowledge of the series. The story is shit anyway, so they aren't missing anything by skipping the gameplay of the first two. I'd say the gameplay was best in the third. So, might as well just play that.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could see people buying ME3 for the wii u without any prior knowledge of the series. The story is shit anyway, so they aren't missing anything by skipping the gameplay of the first two. I'd say the gameplay was best in the third. So, might as well just play that.

LOL SO HARDCORE. Sorry there's not enough kawaii~ anime girls for you.

But yeah, I criticized the PS3 version of ME2 pretty bad for not having the first game and this is even worse. Anyone who played the first two games and liked them would've bought this on one of three other consoles already. If BioWare just ported over another game to the Wii U it'd have been so much better. I mean they're coming out with like a new Command and Conquer, why not make the PC master race squirm in their pants a little with a Wii U release?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

LOL SO HARDCORE. Sorry there's not enough kawaii~ anime girls for you.

But yeah, I criticized the PS3 version of ME2 pretty bad for not having the first game and this is even worse. Anyone who played the first two games and liked them would've bought this on one of three other consoles already. If BioWare just ported over another game to the Wii U it'd have been so much better. I mean they're coming out with like a new Command and Conquer, why not make the PC master race squirm in their pants a little with a Wii U release?

I played ME1 on Xbox, ME2 on Steam, now I'll likely be playing ME3 on WiiU :)

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
ME is one of those games that I enjoy the most on a PC, so I won't get it even if I do get a Wii U (plus, I already own the PC version of the game, why buy another copy of the same game?).

And well, for those that actually followed with the story, it'd be pretty messed up to play ME3 without knowing what the heck was going on in space, porting my ME char to ME2 and then from ME2 to ME3 and knowing how my choices afected the outcome of certain events, well, I'm just glad I had so much part in the story, whereas playing just the last game would feel rather empty for me. =S

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Or they could just milk the cash cow and overhaul all 3 games for the Wii U and release them as a trilogy in one package for more money.
Which will never happen since Microsoft owns publishing rights to the first game.

Well, I am sure there are loopholes around that I am sure, or Bioware/EA could just buy the publishing rights for the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr