Mass Effect 3 Beta Accidentally Hits Xbox Live, BioWare Responds

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Nujui, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Nujui
    OP

Member Nujui I need something to do.

United States

Hello everyone!

As most of you know by now, this evening an accidental leak occurred of some early Mass Effect 3 beta code. Microsoft has advised us that through human error at their end, content which was meant for internal beta testing was flagged incorrectly and released to individuals who had signed up for the beta of the Xbox Live dashboard update. It has since been taken down and deactivated.

We’d like to stress that the leaked code is in a rough, unfinished state and was not meant for public release. The content is not final, and is not reflective of the quality of the finished, polished game due for release on March 6, 2012 (March 9 in Europe).

One feature that was present in this early build is a set of game play modes that are in development. In the beta code they are referred to as “action mode”, “story mode” and “RPG mode”. We want to stress that these features are still in the early stages of development and will receive considerable iteration and refinement. These modes are designed to give players an even finer degree of control over their game experience than ever before. Whether it be someone who finds the combat difficult but wants to experience the amazing story, someone who wants to focus on the action and combat game play, or fans who want the rich, story-driven RPG Mass Effect experience they’ve come to love – Mass Effect 3 will support all of these options. We’ll have more info in the days ahead!

Source

I've also noticed that some of my warez sites have the Jtag version uploaded, so go looking around if you want to try the beta and have a jtag, though for right now you can only get to the splash screen :P.

EDIT: Found some screens of it
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

2. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    Yeah accident my ass. Publicity stunt anyone?

3. Nebz

Member Nebz The N00b

United States
    I did not see this code >_< When was this and where was the code given?

4. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    I believe it was on the Marketplace? Whether or not only Dashboard Beta users could see it, is uncertain.

5. awssk8er

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Definitely. There's no way it was on accident...

6. Nujui
    OP

Member Nujui I need something to do.

United States
    Here comes a crap load of gameplay pics.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

I also found videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on-BqiRBSv4&feature=youtu.be

7. Fudge

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States
    It was only for Dashboard beta testers. I actually got a chance to play it. It wasn't terrible, but you could tell it was unfinished. I wish I would have played it more now knowing it was an internal beta, not public.

8. Celice

Member Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Now, I am really looking forward to what can get datamined out of this, and then compared to with the final release.

9. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    'Release' it on XBL and then deactivate it just so it can be up on pirate sites in an instant? :rolleyes:

10. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    nice screenies but very similar to the old ones. it must have more detail and precision graphics. the game is good for its gameplay.
    i dont think its easy to accidentally release a game so i am GUESSING its something suspicious. its like saying I accidentally posted my website on the internet, there are a lot of procedures to accidentally do all those.