'Marvel’s Avengers' gets new gameplay footage and trailers

Marvels_Avengers_Logo_Full.png

During last night's stream, Square Enix shared what it called "the most in-depth look yet at Marvel’s Avengers". The 25 minutes stream showcased world premier trailers and exclusive footage of Thor's gameplay in his “Once an Avenger” campaign hero mission. Details on the game’s central villain, MODOK (Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing), was also shared during the event. Additionally, the developers shared details the upcoming title's team-based missions, War Zones. The latter is playable either in solo with A.I. team mates or in co-op with up to 4 players.

Here's the full video below:

Marvel’s Avengers offers players a truly rich experience, with a combination of Hero Missions and War Zones. Hero Missions are single-player only and are part of the initial Campaign. They are designed to showcase each hero’s unique abilities as you reassemble your growing roster. War Zones can be played solo or with a group of up to four players as any Hero in your roster. Each mission dynamically scales based on the team size and player level.

Players in Marvel’s Avengers will also be able to customize Earth’s Mightiest Heroes in a number of ways. While each Super Hero will play true to their unique power sets, each will have the flexibility to play differently based on the gear you equip them with and the skills you enable, so no two player’s heroes will play in exactly the same way. Each hero has dynamic combo systems, Heroic moves, an intrinsic ability, and signature move sets to unlock and customize – many inspired by classic moves from the 80 years of history in all media, others crafted as originals just for this game.

Developed by Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montréal, with support from Square Enix, Marvel’s Avengers will release simultaneously for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Stadia, and PC on September 4, 2020. Square Enix also announced that it will also be available on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X when the consoles launch in Holiday 2020. Moreover, players who own the current-gen version of the game will be able to upgrade to the next-gen version at no additional cost and transfer their save files.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox
:arrow: Marvel’s Avengers Official Website

RyRyIV

Woke Clown
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
My thing is MODOK being the central villain. They probably are looking to get a trilogy out of this venture, but you're telling me that this thing:

Is gonna be the final boss or the main villain of your first Avengers game? He's no Doctor Doom, Dormammu (the actual Dormammu, not a fucking face with CGI like in Doctor Strange), Loki, Ultron, Apocalypse, or Galactus, that's for sure! I know, don't judge a book by its cover, and I'm admittedly not exactly a comics reader, but this design is kind of hard to take seriously! XD

But why would you WANT the likes of Ultron, Galactus, or Doom as the boss of your first Avengers game? By comics logic, they are endgame level threats. I think MODOK is a perfectly acceptable first boss if you’re going for a series of games.

But if this becomes a standalone single game, I 100% agree that MODOK would be underwhelming

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But why would you WANT the likes of Ultron, Galactus, or Doom as the boss of your first Avengers game? By comics logic, they are endgame level threats. I think MODOK is a perfectly acceptable first boss if you’re going for a series of games.

But if this becomes a standalone single game, I 100% agree that MODOK would be underwhelming

Which, let's be real, this game's gonna be the latter from the looks of things.

But still, Doctor Doom is as much of a threat as Galactus? I know he rips out Thanos' spine, MK-style in one comic, but dang, it's like he's high-top tier not only in MVC, but also in the source material!

gohan123

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think crystal dynamics is the wrong studio for such a title and I think going with 1 heroe on a time would be a better decision. the only interesting hero in those trailers is ms marvel, so I would take her alone.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Inhumans are used in the Marvel.Cinematic universe because they can't use mutants due to licensing rights.

And in this game we basically have the bad guy calling Inhumans names mutants usually get and being racist to them... like it usually happens to mutants.

She's perfect as she's always been

You didn't read the comics during the years she acted like a huge jerk, did you?

Disney has no excuse to not pay up for likenesses at the very least. These avengers look generic.

Since Disney owns Marvel they could at least make them look like they do in the comics and use their classic looks.

Last edited by raxadian,

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You didn't read the comics during the years she acted like a huge jerk, did you?
I did. And that's part of why I love her and think she's perfect. (I mean, if you mean that time with that guy who could see the future. If not, I don't really know what you could be talking about)

Last edited by Bedel,

BLsquared

Game Programmer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, okay, sure. I defer to your superior knowledge, then.
Still don't know where to read comics, though.
*Facepalm*
This is one of the biggest problems with these heroes that all have the same name. This is how it goes:
(Marvel's) original (male) Captain Mar-vell had Carol Danvers as his partner. They called her Ms. Marvel. Captain Mar-vell dies, and several people try to take up the mantle, most recently Carol. Then Kamala became a thing, and based her name and costume on the original Ms. Marvel (Carol) with Carol's permission.
So yes, you are justified in your confusion. Especially since, until the past 10 years or so, Carol was still called Ms. Marvel.
Just thought I'd help clear that up.

Last edited by BLsquared,

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I did. And that's part of why I love her and think she's perfect. (I mean, if you mean that time with that guy who could see the future. If not, I don't really know what you could be talking about)

Mostly pre and after Comics Civil War.

Heck she used to be so umpopular that they were perfectly okay with Rogue permanently having her powers for years.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Facepalm*
This is one of the biggest problems with these heroes that all have the same name. This is how it goes:
(Marvel's) original (male) Captain Mar-vell had Carol Danvers as his partner. They called her Ms. Marvel. Captain Mar-vell dies, and several people try to take up the mantle, most recently Carol. Then Kamala became a thing, and based her name and costume on the original Ms. Marvel (Carol) with Carol's permission.
So yes, you are justified in your confusion. Especially since, until the past 10 years or so, Carol was still called Ms. Marvel.
Just thought I'd help clear that up.

i had no idea who Kamala was until after the lego game was released. Marvel was locked out of using mr. fantastic in her first lego game. She was created purely to bring back his power set to marvel comics and related media.

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mostly pre and after Comics Civil War.

Heck she used to be so umpopular that they were perfectly okay with Rogue permanently having her powers for years.
Wasn't that Carol and not Kamala who's powers Rogue got? Not the same Ms. Marvel, and not the one in this game...

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's like saying that Spiderman is Miles Morales.

When people say Miss Marvel they usually mean Carol hence my confusion.
So you didn't see the trailer? You only needed some context. And from years now, ms marvel is Kamala. But well, no big deal mate. Glad we can solve the confusion.

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean? I don't get it unless you are confusing the character of Captain Marvel with Ms. Marvel... I mean I kinda get the confusion, but you seemed to know something about theese characters. It's been explaned b4 here, but let me clarify a bit: there omce existed Captain Mar-vell with Ms. Marvel as companion (Carol). Once he got out of the way, Carol tooked the name Captain Marvel and for some time there were no Ms. Marvel. Later, Kamala (who is inpired by the Avengers and Carol specially) tooked the name Ms. Marvel, and started to be a hero.
You can read the first Kamala comics for some reference. They are pretty nice, actual fun, and you'll also get why people also call her "the teen wolverine".

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...Isn't there an actual teen girl Wolverine? X23, or something?
Yeah, but it's not the same here. This is more like an epithet than something literal. It's because her relation with Wolverine. As I said, the best thing you can do is read it. You guys would have so much fun.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.