Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
image301.png

QUOTE said:
It’s official! Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is in development and it’s being built with their internal MT Framework engine. That’s the same toolset Capcom used for Resident Evil 5 and Lost Planet 2.

QUOTE said:
Did you catch the characters? Ryu, Morrigan, and Chris Redfield represent Capcom. Wolverine, Iron Man, and Hulk are confirmed for the Marvel side. Ryota Niitsuma, Producer of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, is leading Marvel vs. Capcom 3 as this game’s producer.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: The Fate of Two Worlds is about a year away. Capcom’s press release notes the game is slated for spring 2011. A new team lead by Tatsunoko vs. Capcom producer Ryota Niitsuma is developing the game for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

“We are so pleased to be working with Marvel again. Marvel vs. Capcom 3 has been one of the most requested titles for us to produce by our fans,” said Christian Svensson, Corporate Officer and Vice President of Strategic Planning and Business Development at Capcom. “Our Capcom development studio is creating the most epic fighting game ever developed and Marvel’s input into that process has been invaluable.”

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: The Fate of Two Worlds, like Marvel vs. Capcom, uses a 3-on-3 tag team system with aerial raves, hyper combos, assist attacks, and wild hyper combos. Sprites are out. Marvel vs. Capcom 3 has 3D graphics, but Capcom says The Fate of Two Worlds will blur the lines between 2D and 3D with a living comic book art style.

News Source(s): Siliconera (2)

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just glad this game isn't getting the trash treatment by being on the Wii. They can concentrate on making it the best game possible vs making it playable for idiots. Bravo to capcom for knowing who their real fanbase is.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I see Dante and Wesker in those teaser images too, hell yes. Dante is a definite, Wesker is honestly a stretch but that's what my eyes see. And after twelve playthroughs of RE5, I'm pretty positive I can ID his silhouette.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaisuto said:
I see Dante and Wesker in those teaser images too, hell yes. Dante is a definite, Wesker is honestly a stretch but that's what my eyes see. And after twelve playthroughs of RE5, I'm pretty positive I can ID his silhouette.

I'm assuming Dante is right over the bicep of Chris? The one with the single sword?

I don't see Wesker in there though, but you probably can see him better. If you saw his kickass kung fu in RE5 then it'd be pretty plausible. Wouldn't be surprised if they brought back Jill in a similar fashion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte