Visit site
XP
Country
United States

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/apr/17/...capcom-3-works/

0417mvc3jpgad.jpg

QUOTE said:
Confirming the rumors posted the other day, PlanetXbox360 reported that Marvel vs. Capcom 3 was shown at Capcom's Captivate event in Hawaii.
There's an embargo on the details, so you won't be seeing screen shots, movies and other things until early next week, but here's the notes they were able to get together.
QUOTE said:
• Confirmed characters so far are Wolverine, Spider-Man, The Hulk, Magneto, Storm and a few others will return.
• The Marvel vs. Capcom 3 development team said they will be blowing fans out of the water with the sheer number of characters this game includes on the disc.
• This will be another 2D fighter — gameplay-wise — but will be something of a cross between the original Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and Street Fighter 4.
• The rumored release date is late 2010 or early 2011 on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, no plans right now for other systems.
• The game will run in 1080p resolution.
• It will be a disc-based release.
• Apparently the game will have unlockables again.
• Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will be playable at this year's E3 which is held on June 15 - 17th.
Gonna be taken for another ride, at long last.
smile.gif

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is just pushing me to get a Ps3. More reasons to buy one now.
biggrin.gif

I wonder what they're gonna do with the characters though. Hopefully they won't just be porting all the MvC2 characters over with nothing changed (as in move sets, hitboxes, priorities, etc). Can't wait to see a preview for it.

They're probably gonna have like.. 100 characters and it'll take people 10 year to come up with a tier list that is accurate.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anakir said:
This is just pushing me to get a Ps3. More reasons to buy one now.
biggrin.gif

I wonder what they're gonna do with the characters though. Hopefully they won't just be porting all the MvC2 characters over with nothing changed (as in move sets, hitboxes, priorities, etc). Can't wait to see a preview for it.

They're probably gonna have like.. 100 characters and it'll take people 10 year to come up with a tier list that is accurate.
theres always the possibility that they will release different versions of characters as DLC like Dragon Ball Raging Blast

joybeba6679

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAKE untill screenshots, videos and capcom official announcement, also if this were to be true, capcom are the biggest liar along with nintendo, they said they lost the licenses with marvel...

Oh, and unless Nintendo makes a moar powerfull console, this (if true) or ssf4 will never be on a nintendo console...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quepaso said:
Its definitely for real and will never be released for the Wii.

QUOTE(Gaisuto @ Apr 17 2010, 08:08 PM) • The rumored release date is late 2010 or early 2011 on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, no plans right now for other systems.

captain-obvious.jpg

EDIT: And why anyone would think this would be on a Nintendo console is beyond me. MvC2 was made for nearly fucking everything except for Nintendo consoles. The Xbox, PS2, and Dreamcast got it. The PS3 and XBLA got versions of it. MvC was released on the PSX and Dreamcast. Not the N64. The PS2 and Xbox got SFIII, the Xbox 360 and PS3 got SFIV. There's an obvious trend here.

And the Wii got Tatsunoko vs. Capcom as a crossover fighter and was apparently pretty successful.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
And the Wii got Tatsunoko vs. Capcom as a crossover fighter and was apparently pretty successful.

If by successful you mean sold less then obscure japanese no-name fighters on the PS2, then yes, it was successful.

In the real world, it is a huge failure, just like the wii and the wii audience itself. Seems pretty fitting.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quepaso said:
Guild McCommunist said:

If by successful you mean sold less then obscure japanese no-name fighters on the PS2, then yes, it was successful.

In the real world, it is a huge failure, just like the wii and the wii audience itself. Seems pretty fitting.

Nice trolling bro.

And by successful I mean critic reception, not sales. Everyone knows most third party games bomb sales on the Wii.

Uzumakijl

Trophies
Website
www.uzumakijl.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Anakir said:
[...]

Well, you know, it's capcom, but since they said the wanna make it SF4-ish i'm guessing it will be something like "The Rumble Fish" if you know what i mean.

You don't need to worry about the amount of characters, it's gonna be broken anyways
biggrin.gif
(No trolling intended)

QUOTE(_Chaz_ @ Apr 17 2010, 08:17 PM) I can't wait to hear the music in this game. It's always so awesome.

I'm glad i'm not the only who liked the music on MvsC2.

Sadly people seems to hate it real hard, people even made music hacks for it.

Actually, it would be cool if MvsC3 is gonna be balanced, but i don't think that's going to happen, either way i'll enjoy the sprites
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.