Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Hello scavenger!

This has nothing to do with scabies, try looking somewhere else.

http://uk.ign.com/ar...ans-and-ant-man

We pretty much knew these were coming out anyway but now we have titles.

First up Iron Man 3 which is out next year...yeah we knew that already but it was confirmed that Ben Kingsley is Mandarin like we thought he would.
Thor 2 is also out late next year but now has a title Thor: The Dark World.
The next Captain America film will be out 2014 but it has a new title which will make some people happy: Captain America: The Winter Soldier!
Guardians of the Galaxy we knew was going to be the next none sequel, its just called that, it will feature the current comic line up and is the second film for 2014. Here is some concept art:
guardians-ofthe-galaxy-concept-art-SDCC-610x265.jpg

I'm not sure how that movie will do, the comics may be a bit heavy for the casual movie goer but so far Marvel have easily got things right for their movies.

There was also talk of Ant-Man, Edgar Wright (Spaced, Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz & Scott Pilgrim Vs The World) showed some test footage. That wasn't announced yet but its moving along nicely and at least he is still attached after all this time.

No news on Black Panther or Doctor Strange which have been both talked about by Marvel themselves and it sounds like other announced Marvel movie Big Hero 6 will be done by Disney alone and probably not feature in this universe.

wafflebeard

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Thoughts:
- I'm excited that Shane Black is writing/directing Iron Man 3
- whoohoo Winter Soldier!!
- I love the cosmic side of the Marvel U and I geeked out when Thanos popped up in the Avengers easter egg, so I'm stoked Guardians is getting a movie. It's a pretty unconventional choice but props to Marvel for aiming high, right?
- the only reason I'm interested in the Ant Man film is Edgar Wright's involvement, I have no love for that spouse beating tool

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- the only reason I'm interested in the Ant Man film is Edgar Wright's involvement, I have no love for that spouse beating tool
I miss GOOD films where people shrink and are up against insects and other creatures that would be none threatening at full size. For me this'll make the film stand out more, we've not had something like this in the superhero genre and he is more of a reluctant hero.

Not sure if they're keeping the original idea Edgar had of starting off with the original Ant-Man Henry Pym, then having Scott Lang steal the outfit to save his daughter for him to take the rest of the movie. Personally I think this is maybe something for the sequel.

I only know of Guardians... with the recent series, one day I'll go back to the original series too but it could be risky of Marvel, I mean the original series wasn't big and the 2008 one was pretty much cancelled after 25 issues. It's a got a tree man and a raccoon as its core members. Gotta admire Marvel to wanting to go in a stronger geeky direction and also I like that they bought the team back for other comics, they must like them.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I miss GOOD films where people shrink and are up against insects and other creatures that would be none threatening at full size. For me this'll make the film stand out more, we've not had something like this in the superhero genre and he is more of a reluctant hero.

honey-i-shrunk-the-kids.jpg

Sorry, that's what came to mind. But an Edgar Wright Ant-Man film would be good.

Reactions: 1 person

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
The Avengers 2 in 2015 perhaps?
I'm expecting it to come out in 2016...
This is a real spoiler, mind you.
... So that they could release Amazing Spider-man 2 where Nick Fury finds Parker and then he asks him to join the Avengers. Also, they need to fix-up the X-men series so that Wolverine could at least make a cameo in Avengers 2.

wafflebeard

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States

Can you recommend a few of these good films?

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

honey-i-shrunk-the-kids.jpg

Sorry, that's what came to mind. But an Edgar Wright Ant-Man film would be good.
The Incredible Shrinking Man.
Fantastic Voyage.

There's two more in my head but I cannot think of the titles.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
... So that they could release Amazing Spider-man 2 where Nick Fury finds Parker and then he asks him to join the Avengers. Also, they need to fix-up the X-men series so that Wolverine could at least make a cameo in Avengers 2.
Neither is gonna happen. Marvel doesn't own movie rights to Spider-Man or X-Men these days, and I doubt Sony is going to be making a deal anytime soon. It'd be interesting to see some more character appearances in The Avengers from the comics, but rights are really all over the place amongst greedy companies that won't make a reasonable deal.

Oh yeah, and to the point about the Phase 2 lineup of movies: woo! Hopefully the next Iron Man movie is better than the second was, and the Captain America and Thor sequels better not suck.

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
Neither is gonna happen. Marvel doesn't own movie rights to Spider-Man or X-Men these days, and I doubt Sony is going to be making a deal anytime soon. It'd be interesting to see some more character appearances in The Avengers from the comics, but rights are really all over the place amongst greedy companies that won't make a reasonable deal.

Oh yeah, and to the point about the Phase 2 lineup of movies: woo! Hopefully the next Iron Man movie is better than the second was, and the Captain America and Thor sequels better not suck.
You haven't seen The Amazing Spider-man, right?

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country

Not yet, no. Are you telling me that the movie actually takes place in the same universe as The Avengers?

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine

Not yet, no. Are you telling me that the movie actually takes place in the same universe as The Avengers?
There is something in the movie that makes it quite obvious, I won't tell you what, though.

Reactions: 1 person

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country

There is something in the movie that makes it quite obvious, I won't tell you what, though.
I guess I'll know soon enough.

MikeMadness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm really looking forward to this. Having seen the new IM suit pictures from SDCC I'm not to hopeful but if it is the Extremis story that everyone has been talking about that would be awesome.

Plus, the introduction of Doctor Strange possibly as well (hinted that Viggo Mortensen would play him)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head