Martian DS v1.2

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, Jul 26, 2007.

Jul 26, 2007

Martian DS v1.2 by shaunj66 at 11:00 AM (1,115 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. shaunj66
    OP

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom

Martian DS v1.2

Side-scrolling action

[​IMG]Â[​IMG]
    ThousandKnives has released an update (v1.2) to his side scrolling shooter for the Nintendo DS - Martian DS. [title:Martian DS v1.2 release notes]I have uploaded a *minor* update of this game. The widespread feedback on this game has changed my mind about leaving it quite yet- though I'm still not sure how far it will go.

The game now uses Libfat and thus will crash certain emulators (I'm looking at you Dualis). Not sure about slot 2 devices, as I don't own one and so I haven't tested that. Works on my slot 1 perfectly, and will run on No$GBA though scores will be lost after powering off.

In this update:

- Better sound effect support

- Board to keep Top 10 scores & name entry.

- Various map edits

- First boss actions tweaked

- Powerup frequency reduced

Still to do:

- Control configuration

- Scrolling backgrounds

- Subscreen

? Directional fire / ducking

? Background music

Once again any feeback or bug reports are appreciated. My high score to date is 105,350. Enjoy!
    [​IMG] Download
    [​IMG] Source

2. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    That looks pretty cool -- kind of an Alien Hominid thing going on there. I'll have to check this out. I missed the first version.

3. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Well, I got a chance to play it today, and, wow, I'm very impressed with it. Sure, it looks like a GBA game, but it is a lot of fun. Plus, it has a great sense of humor. The first boss is a cop, and he shoots donuts out of his mouth at you. You can't beat that [​IMG] .

The only thing I'm not sure I like about the game is that as the screen scrolls forward, you cannot go back, ala the original Super Mario. I guess it's a preference thing on the part of the game maker, but I'm still not sure if I like it.

But overall, this is a great homebrew game. It'll be staying on my card for a while.