Martian DS v1.2

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, Jul 26, 2007.

1. shaunj66
    OP

shaunj66 Administrator

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    United Kingdom
    South England

Martian DS v1.2

Side-scrolling action

[​IMG]Â[​IMG]
    ThousandKnives has released an update (v1.2) to his side scrolling shooter for the Nintendo DS - Martian DS. [title:Martian DS v1.2 release notes]I have uploaded a *minor* update of this game. The widespread feedback on this game has changed my mind about leaving it quite yet- though I'm still not sure how far it will go.

The game now uses Libfat and thus will crash certain emulators (I'm looking at you Dualis). Not sure about slot 2 devices, as I don't own one and so I haven't tested that. Works on my slot 1 perfectly, and will run on No$GBA though scores will be lost after powering off.

In this update:

- Better sound effect support

- Board to keep Top 10 scores & name entry.

- Various map edits

- First boss actions tweaked

- Powerup frequency reduced

Still to do:

- Control configuration

- Scrolling backgrounds

- Subscreen

? Directional fire / ducking

? Background music

Once again any feeback or bug reports are appreciated. My high score to date is 105,350. Enjoy!
    [​IMG] Download
    [​IMG] Source

2. GeekyGuy

GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    That looks pretty cool -- kind of an Alien Hominid thing going on there. I'll have to check this out. I missed the first version.

3. GeekyGuy

GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    Well, I got a chance to play it today, and, wow, I'm very impressed with it. Sure, it looks like a GBA game, but it is a lot of fun. Plus, it has a great sense of humor. The first boss is a cop, and he shoots donuts out of his mouth at you. You can't beat that [​IMG] .

The only thing I'm not sure I like about the game is that as the screen scrolls forward, you cannot go back, ala the original Super Mario. I guess it's a preference thing on the part of the game maker, but I'm still not sure if I like it.

But overall, this is a great homebrew game. It'll be staying on my card for a while.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice