Question Mark Forums Read Has Disappeared For Me

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by peteruk, Feb 15, 2016.

1. peteruk
    OP

peteruk GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 26, 2015
    Hey all, first time posting in this section, i am not sure if it just me or something very stupid i am overlooking

To mark a forum read i used to hover my mouse over the "FORUMS" tab at the top of the site and in the drop down menu i could select "mark forums read", the drop down menu no longer appears for me

I have tried on 3 browsers to eliminate it being a browser issue, Chrome, Opera, Edge and also just tried on my android phones browser and still no way to 'mark forums read'

I have hunted around the site and cannot find another way of doing it

Can anyone assist please ?

I posted this earlier in the wrong section (sorry)

2. Columbo2811

Columbo2811 GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 19, 2015
    Is this what your maybe looking for. Click the 3 horizontal bars at the tab at the top of the page. Click new content. Then click customize this page. Then click box show read content by delfault.

peteruk likes this.
  3. peteruk
    OP

Jun 26, 2015
    That is helpful thanks, but not the one i was referring to, normally if you hover over the forum tab a drop down menu appears and you can mark the current forum as read, just read another thread here and think the forum has some minor problems atm, so not just me

Thanks for the reply

4. Lucifer666

Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Apr 22, 2011
    The Fourth Dimension
    Yeah I'm Having the same problem mate

peteruk likes this.
  5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    It's been temporarily disabled due to circumstances that the staff have not shared with us, the hover menus are going to be moved to another location.

peteruk likes this.
  6. peteruk
    OP

Jun 26, 2015
    thank you kindly for the explanation :)

7. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    The drop down menus have been disabled and likely will remain so as most of the functionality they served was superfluous. That which was to be found only in there will shortly be moved elsewhere, to a more logical place applicable to just that function. Likewise, the header bar on the front page with the ad and featured articles will be restored shortly as well.

In the mean time, anyone wishing to modify their portal layout, the link is here: https://gbatemp.net/home/customize

No functionality has been removed from the site, though the links to access some things have been for the moment. If you need links to anything else not currently available feel free to ask and I'll do my best to track it down.

Lucifer666 and peteruk like this.
  8. peteruk
    OP

Jun 26, 2015
    Awesome, thanks for that, much appreciated