MarioKart DS MultiPLay AR Funtionality Question

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Dr Awesomo, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Dr Awesomo
    OP

Newcomer Dr Awesomo Advanced Member

Canada
    Just about anyone who owns a DS of any kind has played MarioKart. And just about everyone with an ActionReplay engine of any kind has tried it out on MarioKart as one of their first three tamperings. Of those that have, you may or may not have noticed that there's a lot of Community Codes that work over Wi-Fi, which is cool, (albeit unfair).

My question is simply this: If they work over WiFi, why don't they work over DS Communications? (Alternatively, does the AR engine you use have an effect on this functionality?)

Here's an Example...
    My friends and I play MarioKart every morning on the Bus to school. Everyone uses a legit Cartridge (except me, I prefer M3i Zero). Traditionally, I play without cheats, multiplayer or not, but I thought it might be fun to have a "Press L for Item" cheat at hand one morning, and got a bunch of friends together to try it out. But one of 2 things happened.
    1. Everyone would claim that all other players were only driving straight (Disconnection?)
    2. It just wouldn't work as if it didn't exist.

Wifi and DS communications are essentially identical with the exception that WiFi uses a router as a medium...Anyone know why this doesn't work?

2. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    anti-faggotry protection?

3. Shufflemac

Newcomer Shufflemac Advanced Member

Canada
    Multiplayer is sending button commands and WiFi is sending position and item use.

4. Dr Awesomo
    OP

Newcomer Dr Awesomo Advanced Member

Canada
    Well at least there's a good reason as to why they don't work. thanks for the help.

5. Dark Blade

Member Dark Blade Flippin' Insane

United Kingdom
    It's true...after a while of playing your Real movements stop appearing on the other guy's game. It's like a normal comp competitor.

Also in New Super Mario Bros the Mario Vs Luigi star collecting mode glitches too if you use cheats.
    The cheater's character randomly moves and dies on the other person's game.

6. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    LOL on this!!

cheaters PAY!

EDIT: this should be happening more often.. so the game would be better / cleaner [​IMG]

7. Demonbart

Member Demonbart GBATemp's guitar hero

Netherlands
    Once I was playing a legit cartridge and my friend was playing on his r4 with cheats.
    On his ds, he was in first and I was driving into a fence somewhere.
    On my ds I was in the lead and he was driving into the very same fence.
    Conclusion: Cheating is bad, m'kay?