spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
If the other posts in this section are anything to go by, there are a few talented people here who like nothing more than to jigger with game roms. So I have a question,

Can someone have the Mario64DS game to allow the use of one of the DSMotion cards as input in place of the stylus control, giving the player the ability to run around by tilting the DS, allowing for different speeds similar to an analog joystick?

I know some people will say things like 'learn to do it yourself' and such, but I have no where near enough talent or knowledge to do something like this and if I decided to learn, Nintendo would probably release their next handheld with analog input and mario64 on it before I got half way.

Thankyou for at least reading.

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
A few problems:
- You have to angle the screen making it less visible.
- You can't stand still since you can't simply remove your stylus from the screen.
- While to you it's probably just a "cool" idea, the guy that would actually have to make something like this has to put in a lot of effort, so it would actually have to be a "good" idea as well.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
tilting doesn't really effect other games, most people end up tilting the ds in all sorts of directions when playing, especially action games.
why not have it so keeping the ds flat, would remove the stylus from the screen?

as for it being a 'good' idea, that up to whoever (if anyone) tries to do it.

HyoImowano

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This isn't anything I could do myself, but I'm sure it's "doable". The guy who made the Phantom Hourglass D-Pad hack said it was simpler than he thought it would be, and this should work on the same principle (that is, substituting one form of input for another).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it