Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well this is disappointing, Nintendo have confirmed that the Mario title that they will be showing on Wii U at this years E3 is based on last years E3 New Super Mario Bros. Mii. I guess it isn't surprising seeing that the DS game has sold more than 26 million copies worldwide and the Wii game sold more than 21 million copies worldwide...both are still selling very well. Still hardly a console shifter right?

"In a recent interview, Mr. Miyamoto confirmed that a new Super Mario Bros. game for the Wii U system will be shown at this year's E3 Expo. This is based on the Mario experience that was demonstrated at last year's E3 Expo. We'll have more to announce about our plans for the E3 Expo at a later date."

http://gonintendo.co...story&id=175673

Well who knows maybe they'll have a larger title in development as well...or maybe this could be for Wii U eShop. Either way I see this as a launch title with Pikmin 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owmU6KwWJgk

Oh fuck it I'd still get it.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh fuck it I'd still get it.

I will not be unless they add a Super Mario World-esque world map for their levels. Complete with hidden levels, hidden worlds, all that stuff. Otherwise, I have no interest in yet another way too simple side scroller.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii and DS ones were fun but I would've prefered a 2d one.

They were on 2D planes though. If you're really complaining about the 3D graphics then I really don't know what to say. It's Mario, it's not gonna be looking like Rayman Origins anytime soon.

Can't say I was too pleased with the Wii version, it just felt like a really poor implementation of a poor idea. Plus 2D platformers as a whole got their asses handed to them by Rayman Origins. I remember liking the DS version quite a bit but I'm not quite sure if it's because I liked the game or because it was one of the few games I owned for the system (back before I pirated everything).

D

Deleted_171835

Lame. It makes sense, though. The New Super Mario Bros. games have sold quite a bit (more than the Galaxy games as a matter of fact). If there's any game that's going to help boost Wii U sales, it's this.

Well at least the games are still somewhat enjoyable. I'll probably get it. :/

donaldgx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shut_up_and_take_my_money.jpg

Well, it's a good beginning.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I just wish they made 2D Mario games like the 2D segments in Super Mario Galaxy 2. Those were excellent and were able to actually introduce and fiddle around with a good variety of mechanics. NSMB and the like are just... bland.

Hell I don't even see the need for dedicated 2D Mario games when Galaxy could play 3D and 2D well, have better mechanics, look better graphically, and provide more fun than emphasizing on a bad multiplayer mechanic. Sorry, multiplayer platformers don't work.

Reactions: 1 person

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I just wish they made 2D Mario games like the 2D segments in Super Mario Galaxy 2.
I'm hoping the 2D Mario one for 3DS is like that if its not 2D sprites or hand drawn.

Well they said "based on" so there could be some substantial changes and I think those levels shown were taken from the Wii game so they would probably be removed.

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woo So it's a cash in based on everything from the Wii version, including the shake "shake" spin, yeah nintendo

FUCK YOUR MOTION CONTROLS.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just looking at the tech demos (and I could be entirely wrong), this looks like something that's more fit for a digital release on the system's eShop. That's not a bad thing, of course; launching the service with a new Mario title would definitely give it a boost.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just looking at the tech demos (and I could be entirely wrong), this looks like something that's more fit for a digital release on the system's eShop. That's not a bad thing, of course; launching the service with a new Mario title would definitely give it a boost.

That possibility is EXTREMELY low, considering the Wii version was 435MB scrubbed. The Wii-U version will likely be somewhat larger, and there's no way Nintendo would allow a downloadable title that huge.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That possibility is EXTREMELY low, considering the Wii version was 435MB scrubbed. The Wii-U version will likely be somewhat larger, and there's no way Nintendo would allow a downloadable title that huge.

We're only looking at a tech demo here. Who's to say how large this final game would be? It could be much smaller in scope, or (not sure it's too likely, but who knows) released episodically.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking at the other site comments and seen a poster talking about online. What do you think about the possibility?
Also the poster said something about the screens. If they can get 4 controllers to work with the system, that could possibly do a better
multiplayer experience.

rehevkor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm probably in the smaller group that never really liked the 2D (plane, not graphics) Mario games, I admit I was crap at them. Loved 3D Land and the Galaxy series.

I'm sure it'll be an awesome game but won't be what makes me get a Wii U.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States

I'm guessing you've forgotten about the 3DS and Nintendo's plan to have retail games made available via digital distribution (the Nintendo Network).

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing you've forgotten about the 3DS and Nintendo's plan to have retail games made available via digital distribution (the Nintendo Network).

Which, last time I checked, is still just a rumor.

But if Nintendo didn't raise their download cap to more than 435MB then they're fucking retarded. Like way too retarded for them. If they don't make the cap more than that then they're not making a slip up, they're falling down the goddamn stairs.

The odds of them not being able to support anything above 500MB is incredibly slim. This is coming from the so-called "Nintendo doubter".

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things