Mario vs Donkey Kong on VBA Wii Port

Discussion in 'GBA - Game Development, ROM Hacks and Translations' started by moo948, Jul 24, 2008.

Jul 24, 2008
  1. moo948
    OP

Newcomer moo948 Newbie

United States
    My Mario vs. DK ROM works great on my PC visual boy Advance. I can save it and load it fine.

Its when I try to play the ROM on the wii port of VBA through the Homebrew Channel, is where I run into problems.

For instance, there is no sound on the Wii version, but whne I play the same ROM on the computer, all the sound works fine.

Then, when I get to the title screen of Mario vs. DK on VBA Wii, I cant press start. the press start message doesnt even show up! No buttons do anything, and I cant get any further than this.

Is there a patch I need or do I need to get the ROM from somewhere else? I tried multiple MvsDK ROMs from multiple sites, but they all do thses same things.

Please help!

2. Mentz

Newcomer Mentz Advanced Member

Italy
    Commercial roms are different from Homebrew...
    Maybe it's only a protection against piracy...

I didn't tried yet to play gba games in this way...

3. jhoff80

Member jhoff80 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You should try playing Donkey Kong ('94) for the GB anyway, I find it far superior to the GBA one, which I also liked. Both were much better than the DS Mario vs Donkey Kong though.

4. moo948
    OP

Newcomer moo948 Newbie

United States
    Not really, Mario vs Donkey Kong for GBA is one of my favorite games of all time. Much better than the original and 10x better than march of the Minis.

5. moo948
    OP

Newcomer moo948 Newbie

United States

I dont think its a protection, because all of my other ROMs work on wii.

like Pokemon Firered, Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga, Sonic Battle, Zelda Minish Cap, Super Mario Advance 2 Super Mario World, and all the others I got.

Why wont Mario vs. donkey Kong work on Wii?

and srry for double posting